Skip to content

Minecraft, anyone?

Does anyone here play Minecraft for the PC or 360? If so, I'd be interested in joining a server or Live game :)

I started playing this game only a few months after alpha was first out... autumn of 2009? I've loved this game for years. I enjoy helping new players, helping with builds and resource gathering. I'm not good at building epic monuments of the gods (see P.S.), I'm pretty happy with a simple big lair with secret doors and such.

P.S.: Here are some things I don't know how to do...
http://cdn.planetminecraft.com/files/resource_media/screenshot/1232/3_3181451.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pXjkt4tyfW0/TU7afvTJL5I/AAAAAAAAb78/ha5IS82G7PQ/s1600/epic_minecraft.png
http://minecraftgallery.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/1-fallenKingdom.png

P.P.S.: I did look around for a pre-existing Minecraft thread, but didn't find one. If there actually is one, I missed it and apologize for making a duplicate thread <3

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2012
    I got really into it at one point on a buddies server, and then i lost interest when everyone else (on the server) did. I can't say I have much interest in going back to it either :(
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    That's a shame =(

If you do get interested again, I will join up with you n_n
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Most interesting thing to do on there is create stuff in multiplayer servers.

Then get griefed by randoms, your stuff being destroyed or stolen.

Yeahhh. I love Minecraft but there's too much of that.
    I get where you're coming from, @Quartz. I used to be a server admin, and the griefing got so bad that I just didn't build anymore. We had a population of 10,000 players by the time I had gone inactive... That was a lot of people >_>

I prefer to play on whitelisted servers between a few friends... Keeps out the crazies. I don't play on public servers because my stuff will just get griefed. Meh, didn't mean to focus on the griefing >_<
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    There are servers available where you can "buy" pieces of land, and no one but you is able to modify, add blocks or destroy them in that land. It IS SMP too, it's not Creative.

I don't play it online though. I mostly play it single player with mods for my LP series :P
    I heard about those too, but wasn't totally sure about how they worked!

I would say we should get a BG:EE minecraft server going... but it'd always be empty because BG:EE is coming out :P
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @MedullaOblongata : that would be mighty awesome. Just putting a password and IP here would be enough. And then we go crazy in competitions on who can recreate the perfect Iron Throne HQ! :O

But nah, SMP would be cooler. We just hang around, make something nice, not grief (hate griefers, but admins can both find out who the griefer is as well as reset back time to some areas of the map, no? ) and you know... be cool basically! :P