Skip to content

Artemis Entreri and Jarlaxle

sirthaddaeussirthaddaeus Member Posts: 41
I was thinking since Drizzt makes an appearance in the game, why not have Artemis and perhaps Jarlaxle along his side make a brief appearance.

Not sure if it will make since within the timeline of Artemis adventures in the Sellswords series, but would like to hear your thoughts.

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Copyright issues would definitely require new arrangements.
    Probably the money required for using the strings 'Artemis' or 'Jarlaxle' would cost them more than creating 2 entirely new areas.
  • FilloFillo Member Posts: 14
    Jarlaxe..? In the Underdark maybe..?
  • kkramonekkramone Member Posts: 54
    edited July 2012
    In BG2, we meet Jarlaxle in the underdark... There's a quest about him..
    Post edited by kkramone on
  • technophobetechnophobe Member Posts: 68
    No thanks. There's enough nods to schlocky pulp fantasy without shoving more of it in our face.
  • AceofWandsAceofWands Member Posts: 33
    Artemis Entreri did have a creature file in BG2 if I remember correctly. Obviously it wasn't used for some reason. I think he had a dagger that had a level drain ability.
  • DarksigilDarksigil Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2012
    Artemis Entreri did have a creature file in BG2 if I remember correctly. Obviously it wasn't used for some reason. I think he had a dagger that had a level drain ability.
    well that is highly possible due to him owning a dagger that drains the life of their opponent.

//edit - added spoiler tagg, thank you @Thantalas (just wanted to test out the "@" thingie as well
    Post edited by Darksigil on
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    Isn't Artemis the thief that shows up with his instant-kill dagger if you break the shadow thieves plot?
    As said, Jarlaxle can be met in Ust Natha
  • ArtemisEntreriArtemisEntreri Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2012
    I for one would love to see Drizzt's nemesis Artemis entreri in the game! Anyone agree?
  • cyberarmycyberarmy Member Posts: 128
    lansounet said:

Isn't Artemis the thief that shows up with his instant-kill dagger if you break the shadow thieves plot?
    As said, Jarlaxle can be met in Ust Natha

Hım i need try that, only tried attacking Aran and he just one shots everybody by himself.

And we counter Icewind Dale party at BG2 Underdark exit. Drizzt&Guenhwyvar, Bruneor, Wulfgar, Catt and Regis all in a search for Bruneor's "pink" hammer :)
    Also if i remeber right on of them Harpells come to take Drizzt's stuff if you have them on you.(Harkle?)
    Also Elminister comes and goes as he wish :)
    WE can meet Voldo in both games.

So i dont think there will be some copyright issues but i can be wrong :)
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited July 2012
    The near insta-kill thief that shows up if you betray the shadow thieves is Arkanis Gath, a human thief seemingly unrelated to Arkanis the dwarf from BG1. He can also be seen fighting alongside other shadow thieves against the vampires in a random Athkatla encounter.

As for Artemis Entreri, his cre file exists as stated, and there is a mod that utilizes it to put him in Bodhi's lair for the final encounter there, as an opponent to you (and Drizzt if you enlisted his aid).
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    Yeh I mixed the names, I figured it out later but didn't bother to reply.
    Artemis and Jarlaxle are extensively used in one of the larger quests of The Darkest Day mod IIRC.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    Wasn't there an Artemis Entreri thread just a few days ago?
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Yes, this one :)

This thread is from the 15th July
  • ClangeddinClangeddin Member Posts: 1
    I recall using a mod that made Entreri an NPC you could ad din your party. I hope that he is offered as a DLC character for BG 2. I need to hear him say "prepare to be eviscerated" when I click on him.
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    edited September 2012
    @ajwz The thing is Artemis Enteri IS in game resources already.
    Would be great to have it restored (hint: Unfinished Business)

P.S. And I am not only asking because I want his "Lifestealer +4" dagger :P which is also already present in game resources.

Please @TrentOster @PhillipDaigle
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    I have no love for Jarlaxe. Off with him. :)
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited September 2012
    Merged the threads. Thanks @Anton
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    For BG2 I wouldn't mind seeing Artemis appear like he did in that mod that had him in the Vampire stronghold if you had Drizzt and co. as your allies.

If he were to appear in BG1:EE then I would like to see it as completely separate to Drizzt's appearance. Perhaps he could task you to do a thief or assassination mission?

I'm not sure how Jarlaxle would fit in BG1 though.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Jarlaxle already makes a really big appearance in BG2 so I'm okay with him just being in there. As much as I love the guy (he's my favorite character from Salvatore's novels), let's just leave him to that.

As for Entreri, I'm down with that. More content is fun. More guys that I'm sure would be coded to be near impossible encounters much like Drizzt is would also be fun. And hey! More awesome loot for people to wield! Win-win-win.