Skip to content

I can't take screenshots with SCS and SoS installed?

ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
Hello,

I used to take screenshots of interesting moments in Baldur's Gate all the time. However, now that I have SCS and Shadows over Soubar installed I can't take screenshots anymore. I'm not sure which one is causing it since I installed both around the same time. When I press the same buttons I would before it just takes a picture of my desktop despite the fact that the game is open.

Right now I have Baldur's Gate 2 minimized in another window. I am in the middle of a truly epic battle against like 100 drow in Ust Natha. I would really like to take a screenshot if possible. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks!

Comments

• bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    @Ascension64 could probably help you with SoB.
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    HoverSnap (freeware).
  • RavenXRavenX Member Posts: 86
    Another freeware program called "Jing" by a small company called "Techsmith" works good. I use it to do screen captures of all kinds of stuff. Not sure if the interface will work well with some games or not but it's worth looking into. Hope that helps.
  • BugratBugrat Member Posts: 118
    edited November 2012
    Well, this is a late response, but are you using the method of pushing printscreen then using Ctrl-V to dump the contents in a picture file? I'm not sure if that's the method you're using but I tried doing it this way the other day and had the same problem you're describing.

Instead of doing that, hit Printscreen and check the ScrnShot folder in your BG2 directory, they should be in there. If the screenshots in your ScrnShot folder are just snapshots of your desktop then I have no idea what the problem is.
    true_shinken