Skip to content

iPad Mini?

2»

Comments

• ChurchOfBooChurchOfBoo Member Posts: 82
    Life seemed so simple before! Now I have to make a choice, updgrade my 1st generation to a Mini or to the new iPad. I suppose the new one will have a longer lifespan because the mini is still iPad 2 spec, but the mini is a cool little thing. Makes the retina iPad feel like a brick. But I suppose if you are playing for a while, you would be resting it on your knee rather than holding it up, which makes the bigger screen more important... oh decisions, decisions!! What would Minsc do?
  • QuantusQuantus Member Posts: 1
    I hope the text isn't so small that it's blurry.
  • mickeyblueeyessjmickeyblueeyessj Member Posts: 12
    Khyron said:

But for the sake of my own self image I must add: "Apple, all their products, software and anything related to the company is balls and should be burned before dawn".

Disagreed, solely on the grounds that I do not want to be burned before dawn.

The iPad mini would be too small a screen for me. I can't imagine it being worth it on the iPhone. I play Kingdom Age on the iPhone and I mistap enough to not like that format.
  • NedzzoNedzzo Member Posts: 19
    I preordered the pc version but playing on the ipad intrigues me. Escpecially for the occasional living room play when the kids are busy doing their thing but not busy enough for me to settle in at the pc.
    I have a 1st gen ipad that the whole family uses but today I went to the apple store and I really really want an ipad mini. I know the stats are underwhelming and I intended to buy the new full size ipad but it is heavy. Also everyone in the store was hot. The mini was so light and not even warm. Of course they were out of stock on the mini.
    Right now I plan to order the mini but I could be convinced to go for the full size.
    If you have only looked at the pictures and stats online, go check it out in person. So much nicer in the hand than the big one or a nook, kindle fire or droid.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I bought the mini because it was more comfortable to hold, but the bigger screen on the regular iPad is a big plus.
  • ChurchOfBooChurchOfBoo Member Posts: 82
    Nedzzo said:

I preordered the pc version but playing on the ipad intrigues me. Escpecially for the occasional living room play when the kids are busy doing their thing but not busy enough for me to settle in at the pc.
    I have a 1st gen ipad that the whole family uses but today I went to the apple store and I really really want an ipad mini. I know the stats are underwhelming and I intended to buy the new full size ipad but it is heavy. Also everyone in the store was hot. The mini was so light and not even warm. Of course they were out of stock on the mini.
    Right now I plan to order the mini but I could be convinced to go for the full size.
    If you have only looked at the pictures and stats online, go check it out in person. So much nicer in the hand than the big one or a nook, kindle fire or droid.

I had a look in the Apple store and, as much as I love the feel of the mini, I really thought that the retina screen and more screen space would make BGEE a better experience. Lots more expensive but I figure it is bound to last longer as well, the iPad mini is iPad 2 spec and the new iPad is light years ahead in terms of processor and screen so it will be a lot longer before it needs upgrading, I think.
  • NedzzoNedzzo Member Posts: 19
    I went with the ipad mini, on the fedex truck arriving today. I going to play on my PC but will look forward to getting the ipad version when they get the cloud save thing working. That way I can continue my game on the couch now and then.