Skip to content

It's 9.02 pm cet, why can't I play?

According to me it's now time but I still can't play. Come on, flip the switch and let us play.

Comments

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Easy mate. It still has to update the game ever so slightly before available to play. It's updating mine. 40 bytes per second, sure, BUT UPDATING NONETHELESS! :D
  • MuttleyMuttley Member Posts: 65
    Im not even getting an update/upload... Its like Y2K all over again
  • johnnydgoodjohnnydgood Member Posts: 38
    It's doing nothing at this end. Using beamdog client.
  • ginger_hammerginger_hammer Member Posts: 160
    noooo another 500Mb to download when the servers are getting hammered! The forum is creaking under the strain too - she canne take any more captain!
  • topymacijietopymacijie Member Posts: 30
    Nothing here, and not using beamdog client.
  • RavenXRavenX Member Posts: 86
    I'm still getting the "Preload Complete" and the "News", no updates yet. Then again I know the update servers are getting totally HAMMERED right now so I'm trying to be patient, but, I can't help but wonder if something might be wrong on my end.
  • JozraelJozrael Member Posts: 2
    Nothing here :(.
  • XivirielXiviriel Member Posts: 166
    Nothing here either, maybe we broke it with our mad rush to play the game the minute it came out.
  • MarricMarric Member Posts: 53
    Same situation here.
    Any official word may be nice since people have been waiting a long time now.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Same

@ginger_hammer Scotty more power to the shields, Mr. Sulu evasive manuevers :p
  • gokkegokke Member Posts: 46
    same nothing i was fully loaded though - states Preload Completed
  • KyzarinKyzarin Member Posts: 21
    Mine says "preload complete", but I can't play. Some of you might hate me for saying this, but the 500 MB patch was available last night, so I already have that loaded. I even tried deleting the .beam and .status files to force a recheck, but got nothing (this worked last night to get the patch).
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    This is why it's better to release the game per time zone to split the load into 24 pieces... Now you've got fuck knows how many all at once... Bloody daft! Even the forums are super slow!
  • wavigraviwavigravi Member Posts: 0
    yer Trents posted on twitter "We are having a hard time pushing the data to the servers. The demand is making them respond a little slow ;-)" and "The update is uploading. We had to patch close to 100 mb to fix a few bugs so it will take a bit of time. Please be patient. Please?"
  • BazwushBazwush Member Posts: 8
    preload completed, news are loaded - wheres the play button? :(
  • creator1629creator1629 Member Posts: 66
    part of me is actually kind of happy that there is so much enthusiasm for this game that they can hardly wait to play it and are bogging down the servers
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    "The update is uploading. We had to patch close to 100 mb to fix a few bugs so it will take a bit of time. Please be patient. Please?"

-Trent Oster , Twitter
    Nothing is happening in the beamdog client. This isn't slow Trent, it's not moving......
    Still getting preload complete.
  • mercurymeltdownmercurymeltdown Member Posts: 49
    trying so hard to be patient. trying...
    Isn't the point of preordering, that you don't get this nonsense with everyone downloading the client on the day of release and you can play almost immediately? This is plain stupid!
    Isn't the point of preordering, that you don't get this nonsense with everyone downloading the client on the day of release and you can play almost immediately? This is plain stupid!
    Someone in Canada already playing? Since we all had to wait untill they all had lunch in Canada with a lovely glass of champagne that would really make my day. (being a bit pissed at the moment)
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Let's make math :

6400 users are currently online on the forums. There's over 5000 guests too just on the BGEE forums, it's crashing the entire Vanilla system. That's 11400 people at a time on a site where you won't get BGEE to start.

Let's try to guess the number on the launcher? I say around 20-30 thousand :P
    I'm in Canada. I can't launch yet and I'm not uploading anything yet either, even after restarting the client.
  • thedemoninsidethedemoninside Member Posts: 188
    ugh...it probably doesn't help that it isn't just a few bytes everyone needs to play the game. Their 100mb of bugfixes should have been delayed till tomorrow, not 20 minutes after it was supposed to launch.
  • RavenXRavenX Member Posts: 86
    Thanks for passing the Twitter feed along guys. Good lookin out.
  • AshlspiessAshlspiess Member Posts: 26
    Kind of sad that Overhaul didn't anticipate this happening. Not very smart to release the game near peak traffic hours. If they made it available say around 3am CST this morning it would definitely have helped mitigate server load. I'll be surprised if I even get to play the game today.
    I give up. This will not be the day I started baldur's gate again after a very long time. Pity, I was looking forward to creating a new character.