Skip to content

Money back

JaingJaing Member Posts: 9
Well i want my money back, im registered on beamdog with the same email address. I preoder (tu support bgee ) this game with a word of Trent Oster for some extras for preoder ppl. That was a lie. When i bought first version of BG from a sotore, with big beautifull box and fat instruction - game was playable. Here we go, release, game is not playabe, there is no game to be honest and there is no extra for preorders. I want my money back i didnt sign for this. Next time inform ppl about you plans and unfinished games.
Post edited by Nathan on

Comments

• TuscunraiderTuscunraider Member Posts: 6
    Jaing <-- What a douche
  • Promised_painPromised_pain Member Posts: 10
    I hope that you're joking. I'm yet to see a perfect game launch, there will always be problems.
  • CadrosCadros Member Posts: 253
    @Jaing I suggest you reflect on your comment for a day and if you feel the same contact beamdog, and explain how you feel.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    See if you actually wanted a refund you would just deal directly with beamdog, rather than going here and posting something. I think you are just an attention seeker.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Jaing said:

Well i want my money back, im registered on beamdog with the same email address. I preoder (tu support bgee ) this game with a word of Trent Oster for some extras for preoder ppl. That was a lie. When i bought first version of BG from a sotore, with big beautifull box and fat instruction - game was playable. Here we go, release, game is not playabe, there is no game to be honest and there is no extra for preorders. I want my money back i didnt sign for this. Next time inform ppl about you plans and unfinished games.

Let the complaining begin. Its better than the sexuality threads we had a few weeks back.

Also you're an ungrateful git for pre-ordering just for the "bonuses." Some BG fan you are.
  • SoulPLSoulPL Member Posts: 1
    he payed, and he want his money back, its nothing wrong
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    You can send an email to support@beamdog.com, although it's been explained numerous times now that the "something extra for you" was not intended to be exclusive to those who preordered, and that it's still being worked on. So that wasn't a lie, it's just taking a little bit longer to do it correctly.

As for the game not working, I don't know why that might be. Maybe if you try explaining the problem we can help you get it working.
  • Jason_SilverainJason_Silverain Member Posts: 38
    While I have to agree with the disappointing pre-order extras and understand the frustration in waiting for the problems around the download to be fixed, the forums are not the place to demand refunds.
    Hopefully we will not have a flurry of posts like this on the already overtaxed forum.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    SoulPL said:

he payed, and he want his money back, its nothing wrong

Yep, nothing wrong, if he want his money back he need to address Beamdog.

HELL! the official release is the 30th of november, so he complaining he doesn't get it on the 28th.. greeeaaat

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    You should get your story straight; either you pre-ordered to support the game (your first claim) or you did it because of the supposed "extras". If you were truly supportive of the game then an hour or even half a day's worth of delay shouldn't upset you. Hell... the two and a half month's of delay for supposed polish should've set off warning lights that further complications might pop up down the line and you should've screamed for a refund way back then, if at all. Asking for a refund while the servers are creaking because you didn't get shinies is petty.
  • RarityRarity Member Posts: 8
    Sorry you are having such a terrible time, Darling. Did you order via bank? Paypal? You could do a chargeback, but keep in mind that repeated chargebacks could get your account locked ♥.

As for Pre-ordering (Not to sound like a fangirl) but the act of pre-ordering is not to get free stuff, but to insure that when it is released you are able to play right away ♥.

I realize that some people are accustomed to free stuff when pre-ordering, but it's important to realize that Pre-ordering is like a fancy Layaway.

Good luck! ♥
  • verdegreenverdegreen Member Posts: 32
    Aosaw said:

You can send an email to support@beamdog.com, although it's been explained numerous times now that the "something extra for you" was not intended to be exclusive to those who preordered, and that it's still being worked on. So that wasn't a lie, it's just taking a little bit longer to do it correctly.

As for the game not working, I don't know why that might be. Maybe if you try explaining the problem we can help you get it working.

You would be great working in PR being an apologist for some company.
  • LexCLexC Member Posts: 0
    By law you are entitled to a refund, if you are truly unsatisfied with the product and if you claim that it was misrepresented. For this you have to go to the retailer that sold you the product, not the manufacturer <_<

PS. Trolls will Troll
  • PomPom Member Posts: 9
    a 100% degree of service is unobtainable. I would advise you, to not get disappointed again in the future, to never, ever, shop anywhere, ever again.

And please refrain from posting such topics. There are enough problems with the launch of a game as it is. People know this. People should expect this. So far it has been up and running much faster than more well known games.
  • CyhortCyhort Member Posts: 78

I hope that you're joking. I'm yet to see a perfect game launch, there will always be problems.

To be fair, I've seen plenty of perfect launches. Just not on digital distribution for PC games. I'm pretty pissed about not being able to play the game when they said I'd be able to (no excuse for that IMO) but I'm not gonna whine about getting a refund without even waiting a full day for them to get their stuff sorted out.
  • MathuzzzMathuzzz Member Posts: 203
    And the reason you are saying this to us?
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited November 2012
    I WANT TO SEE THE BAD MAN FLY
  • solidbonessolidbones Member Posts: 11
    as someone else above me has said, there's nothing wrong with wanting your money back if you are not satisfied with your product. I however am used to buggy game launches so this doesn't surprise/anger me. I'm simply happy that this game was made in the first place. However I understand how someone would be pissed and an unsatisfied customer has the right to ask for his/her money back.
  • hummer010hummer010 Member Posts: 95
    edited November 2012
    Game seems perfectly playable to me! I'm traipsing about Candlekeep as we speak. It looks great, and it plays great!
  • kazrobkazrob Member Posts: 18
    Guess I'm out. I'll wait for the BG2 enhanced edition and hopefully they will get a top notch company to distribute it like steam etc...
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    Okay, I understand people's anger and need to vent - I totally get that. I'd be a little miffed as well. Having said that, expressing it here is the wrong answer - if you'd like to discuss it with us please e-mail us directly at support@beamdog.com.
This discussion has been closed.