Skip to content

So, what's it like?

In case you're taking a break from your brand new BG:EE installation, please share with us poor Mac/iPad/Android/Linux people what your experiences are so far!

Comments

• FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    Well I found two bugs within 5 minutes of starting the game..
  • RavelRavel Member Posts: 140
    First thoughts:

- I really like what they've done with the UI. The extra information on the character/inventory screens is nice, and they even added a "current action" icon on top of each character's portrait which is handy.

- The tutorial is basically the BG2 tutorial, only it doesn't automatically start the game at the end (thus depriving you of a wraith spider's worth of xp :P).

- There isn't actually a resolution setting, as far as I can tell, but the game scales just fine when resizing the window in windowed mode.

- I have noticed a few graphical glitches which I'm assuming were just rough edges leftover from the hardcoded->scaling resolutions, but nothing major.

- Save/Load times no longer exist. No joke, I don't even see the screen anymore.

Haven't tried multiplayer, or really delved into the game yet (working right now, so there's only so much I can do), but the game feels solid and worth the money I paid for it.
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    It's pretty cool. I am mostly screwing around right now, trying out various features. The new videos are great.

A little odd though at the same time. I loaded up the Black Pits to check out the new content and went right into combat. Right away, movement felt a little awkward, mostly because it was different. When you click on someone's portrait, it locks them in, and you control them. And then you can click additional portraits, highlighting them. Whereas, in the original game, clicking on a character wouldn't keep them highlighted after you went on to do something else. Does that make any sense? It is hard to explain. Give it a try. It's very strange.

Also, my hot keys aren't working (i for inventory, etc). What's going on there?

I do really like seeing Baldur's Gate fitted to my high resolution monitor.
  • revaarrevaar Member Posts: 160
    Does anyone have Rasaad yet? I'd like to know his stats.
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    @revaar I forgot how to take printscreens in BG, but i'll write down the stats.

Human Lawful Good Male

Str 16
    Dex 16
    Con 14
    Int 11
    Wis 14
    Cha 14

Has a special item - Boots - called Moonlight Walkers. They apparently give -2 AC, i'm unsure if thye provide other hidden bonuses.

Overall, his stats seem quite mediocre, i doubt he will be a strong NPC, given the Monk class and all.
  • revaarrevaar Member Posts: 160
    Thanks! All three new NPC's don't get bonus HP, that's a bit disappointing. The special boots seem like they will give him much needed early game AC boost.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Most people still can't even play it. As of 6:00 p.m., MST. Expect massive kvetching from everybody, including me.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    I'd like to point out @Ravel - loading times of ANY kind no longer exist. AT ALL! That's kinda cool as there is no loading screen whatsoever. True enough, sometimes it confuses you when you quickload or quicksave, but oh well, DETAILS :p
  • FouneFoune Member Posts: 53
    I would have hoped for some more party banter, mayhaps I've not gotten that far yet but otherwise i love it.