Skip to content

Port forwarding for faster download

nimrodnimrod Member Posts: 8
edited November 2012 in Windows PC (Archive)
solved, see next post !

I still have 400Mo to dowload and it's downloading at 40ko/s.
Is there any other way to get the files ?
Post edited by nimrod on

Comments

• MarszieMarszie Member Posts: 4
    Forward ports 56274 and 52138 TCP/UDP. If you're not sure how to forward ports, check out 'portforward.com'. My download speed has gone from 10-30 KB/s to 250-300. Spread the word.
  • nimrodnimrod Member Posts: 8
    Thanks. Unfortunately I'm renting and don't have access to the router configuration :/
  • MarszieMarszie Member Posts: 4
    That's lame. Well, I don't know how long it's been there, but I just saw a notification claiming the download client's been updated. Try restarting the client if you haven't already.
  • SevrenceSevrence Member Posts: 12
    omgggggg thank you, didnt even think to portforward anything... I pretty much just let it get to 30% at 20-100kb/s.... woulda been done by now had I thought to do this....... going at 1mb/s now lol..
    Thanks, I could reset the router to default settings and edit port forwarding, it is now much faster :)
    Last files are still at a pretty slow download rate...
  • RRTSReaperRRTSReaper Member Posts: 16
    Marszie said:

Forward ports 56274 and 52138 TCP/UDP. If you're not sure how to forward ports, check out 'portforward.com'. My download speed has gone from 10-30 KB/s to 250-300. Spread the word.

Worked great for me too, went from 20-60kB/s to ~500. Great work Marszie

• AzureblazeAzureblaze Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2012
    Massive improvement on my end as well, thanks for the tip Marszie!

20-150KB/s to over 1.6 MB/s and climbing!!
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    Wow that's a pretty epic failure if you have to open up ports on your machine and router's firewall just to get a remotely acceptable download speed. I'm completely comfortable doing this, but most users don't understand this sort of thing.

Why is there no legit bittorrent option? The Humble Bundle supports it, and it works great everytime, and can max out my 40mbps down stream. Seriously, you guys should have just gotten in touch with them instead of beamdog. A non profit charity has totally outclassed and delivered better service than you guys.

I'm finally getting a little over 1MB/s now after it running at 30K forever. Lame. Unless a better content deliver system is worked out for the next release you guys do, I don't think I'll be making another purchase from beamdog or overhaul.