Skip to content

Download links for Ultimate Portrait mod and Sound mod for BGEE

sebastiancainsebastiancain Member Posts: 4
Hey guys, I made these mods for the game after altering the pix sizes on the ultimate portrait pack. It can be found here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22686920/BGEE+Portraits.rar

Extract the files to a new folder you make called 'portraits' to this directory: (you need to make a new folder called portraits)

C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\Portraits

The voicesets are all the NPC's from BG1 and a couple others (like Garret from Thief series). :
http://www.gamefront.com/files/22686929/BGEE+sounds.rar

Extract the files here:
(Drive letter of your game):\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00766\lang\en_US\sounds

Just trying to save others time from doing these. Enjoy!
Post edited by sebastiancain on
YoshariandmandizuksadTigerbalsamGish

Comments

• sebastiancainsebastiancain Member Posts: 4
    If those links don't work, I made an account and re-uploaded.

Portraits: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22686972/BGEE+Portraits.rar

Voice Sets: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22686961/BGEE+sounds.rar
    zuksad
  • RavelRavel Member Posts: 140
    I get a message where the download button should be, saying, "The file you are looking for seems to be unavailable at the moment. Please come back later."
    Yea, I see that too. Never tried uploading to GameFront before...maybe it takes a little bit to register the files. I'll repost to here once I see they are working. Sorry for the delay.
    ok, they are working now... :)
  • CurmudgeonCurmudgeon Member Posts: 57
    @sebastiancain
    Really appreciate the work you put into this and would love to download it. Unfortunately, gamefront blocks the following countries:

Argentina, Mexico, Chile, Spain, Thailand, Poland, Colombia, Brazil, France, Venezuela, Italy, Peru, Uruguay, Malaysia, Turkey, Indonesia, India, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Honduras, Hungary, Philippines, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Singapore, Sweden, Japan, and Indonesia.

So, I suspect quite a few people, myself included (Japan), are unable to benefit from your work.
    I don't know of any other place that you could upload the files to. Maybe another forum member has a suggestion.
  • YosharianYosharian Member Posts: 67

Hey guys, I made these mods for the game after altering the pix sizes on the ultimate portrait pack. It can be found here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22686920/BGEE+Portraits.rar

Extract the files to a new folder you make called 'portraits' to this directory: (you need to make a new folder called portraits)

C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\Portraits

The voicesets are all the NPC's from BG1 and a couple others (like Garret from Thief series). :
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/22686929/BGEE+sounds.rar

Extract the files here:
    (Drive letter of your game):\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00766\lang\en_US\sounds

Just trying to save others time from doing these. Enjoy!

A GOD AMONGST MORTAL MEN

PRAISE TO YOU MY GOOD SIR
    zuksad
  • Capac_AmaruCapac_Amaru Member Posts: 21
    Too bad custom sounds aren't working...
  • cattlekillercattlekiller Member Posts: 55

My custom sounds are working great , the instructions here are perfect.
    Whats not working for you exactly?
  • YosharianYosharian Member Posts: 67
    Yeah little problem with this is the portraits don't really look that good, I think we need a new pack with portraits that are designed for higher resolutions.
  • zwadekzwadek Member Posts: 156
    am I doing something wrong? I get to download only a html file, size 345 kb, not 50MB pack. Is it possible to upload it at other file host?
  • CurmudgeonCurmudgeon Member Posts: 57
    @zwadek
    If you live in Argentina, Mexico, Chile, Spain, Thailand, Poland, Colombia, Brazil, France, Venezuela, Italy, Peru, Uruguay, Malaysia, Turkey, Indonesia, India, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Honduras, Hungary, Philippines, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Singapore, Sweden, Japan, or Indonesia, you're out of luck because gamefront blocks those countries.
    cutlasskiwiGodKaiserHellzuksad
  • zwadekzwadek Member Posts: 156
    f***!
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    If the OP doesn't get them hosted elsewhere I'll see if I can when I get home later on today.
  • BorsookBorsook Member Posts: 152
    A vicious circle... I'd gladly host at a better server, but I cannot download it from the current one, so... please give us a mirror somebody
  • SoulafeinSoulafein Member Posts: 15
    gamefront does not work to me, with or without account. Can u upload to another storage?
  • BLack_XIIIBLack_XIII Member Posts: 32
    maybe using a ip mask who change a normal ip in a usa ip?
  • cutlasskiwicutlasskiwi Member Posts: 35
    I'll wait until it's hosted somewhere else. :) My game crashes every time I try and use a custom portrait either way so I'll need to figure that out before I can play.
  • Capac_AmaruCapac_Amaru Member Posts: 21

My custom sounds work when you test them in the selection screen, but my character is silent.

Saber_Scorpion
    Yesss the alternate ip worked *_* ( i'm italian XD) so, if you tell me where hosting , i put them up for all :)
  • Saber_ScorpionSaber_Scorpion Member Posts: 8

My custom sounds work when you test them in the selection screen, but my character is silent.

Same problem here. Custom sounds play fine in the character creation screen, but in the game they do not work. The character makes no sound.
    for the people who cant' download from gamefront:
    1) go to http://www.1proxy.de/
    2) then copy paste the link in the web url of 1proxy, then browse
    3) not click on download but make right click and save with name
    4) it will save an index.php, don't worry, just rename it correctly.
    5) Profit.
  • agentmulderagentmulder Member Posts: 114

@sebastiancain
    Really appreciate the work you put into this and would love to download it. Unfortunately, gamefront blocks the following countries:

Argentina, Mexico, Chile, Spain, Thailand, Poland, Colombia, Brazil, France, Venezuela, Italy, Peru, Uruguay, Malaysia, Turkey, Indonesia, India, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Honduras, Hungary, Philippines, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Singapore, Sweden, Japan, and Indonesia.

So, I suspect quite a few people, myself included (Japan), are unable to benefit from your work.
    I don't know of any other place that you could upload the files to. Maybe another forum member has a suggestion.

I'm from Brazil and it's NOT blocked to me.

• WorgWorg Member Posts: 170
    Sounds are not working properly. While they work to degree, you get no sounds when selecting a person and always the same sound when ordering him about.
    Saber_ScorpionSaber_Scorpion
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 626
    How the hell do i even use custom portraits? I don't seem to get a button to click :S
  • cutlasskiwicutlasskiwi Member Posts: 35
    Khyron said:

How the hell do i even use custom portraits? I don't seem to get a button to click :S

Go to your documents and click on Baldur's Gate. Create a new folder titled Portraits and put them there.

Explained more detailed here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7461/heres-how-to-use-custom-portraits/p1
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    some1 pls give us a mirror link, so we poor guys, from the blocked countries can download it too!
  • LowLow Member Posts: 124
    Thanks a lot!
    zuksad
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    It's good to see some people already updating existing portraits to work with BG:EE. Though rather than simply upscaling existing portrait files, I'd loved to see them taken from higher resolutions sources to ensure the quality. Otherwise the portraits tend to be either corny, blurry or both.
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    oh, spent so much time searching I haven't noticed the new posts... Thank you guys you are fantastic!
    zuksad