Skip to content

Your feedback for BGEE.

Comments

• AdventSignAdventSign Member Posts: 96
    Ok so basically people aren't liking it because its hard to play....so patches can fix the game and make it awesome?
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    It's pretty good so far. I like the journal and the UI, the difficulty is right in the middle, and the load times are nonexistent. That said, I have problems with the music scrambling and I'm still bummed out that
    the only character I can romance is an evil half-orc
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    ...who is a goddamn badass, though. Am I right?
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    edited November 2012
    @Zeckul Thanks for the response, the circumstances are very understandable. Do you have an approximate ETA on the next major patch for the game though? Because i'd like to start a proper/serious playthrough once all these bugs and problems have been sorted out.
    Aosaw said:

...who is a goddamn badass, though. Am I right?
    Yes, but I'd rather not risk party troubles and playing out of character just to cozy up to him.

• CyhortCyhort Member Posts: 78

It's pretty good so far. I like the journal and the UI, the difficulty is right in the middle, and the load times are nonexistent. That said, I have problems with the music scrambling and I'm still bummed out that

Same here, although I'm dealing.
    Hopefully some modders will make some romancable male party members at some point, but TBH I'm not holding out hope.
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    @AlexDeLarge Bugs are getting fixed very quickly so if I was a dev I'd be eager to hand you my shiny new builds. I have no idea what their plans for patch releases are though.
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    Alright, thanks for the response :) I'm off to bed, good night!
    Cyhort said:

Same here, although I'm dealing.
    Hopefully some modders will make some romancable male party members at some point, but TBH I'm not holding out hope.
    Neither am I. The two options out there on the web right now are a whiny Drow and a dull kensai. :\ I don't really expect this to change.
    Jaysama said:

Ok so basically people aren't liking it because its hard to play....so patches can fix the game and make it awesome?

Agreed, the game seems fine. But aside from the obligatory devils advocate style arguing that the internet always has, the honest truth is these game breaking bugs take away the one thing that can never be given back : playing the game you've been drooling over for months for the first time ever on release day. Likely supplemented with some of your favorite food and drinks, and time set aside to enjoy that first moment the game loads, the music plays, and your nerdy spine gets the nerdiest chills you've gotten in a long time. Some of us may even get a forced smile that you can't control, or others like myself, actually tear up a bit from joy and an overwhelming sense of nostaligia.

Only to find out that you can't use the inventory in the game at all. What? Now all of this celebration came to a crashing halt.

I get that not everyone feels this way and some that don't even mock those of us that do, but the truth is there are some people out there like myself that are frustrated and lost the magic of this moment we've been waiting for for so long.
    I see....fair enough. I've had "fun" with Skyrim and its bugs so I know how you feel...although personally I think BG is far better so maybe I don't :/

• KukarachaKukaracha Member Posts: 256
    Talarasha said:

Seems like beta-testers crew take a nap instead of... well, you know. Testing ..)

NEVER underestimate bugs. Making games is easy. It's correcting bugs that makes it an adventure. It's like crafting a genuine wooden table only to find out that it randomly spawns stools out of nowhere.

I'm also pretty sure that the Overhaul crew has been on crunch for more than a month now. You could call them names, but not "lazy". It's not fun to work 70 hours a week.
  • MaxbuuMaxbuu Member Posts: 11
    The game itself is basically the same, there is some few adjustments that make it better. I think it worth the price.
    There is one thing that made me sad. The CG's, the quality is awful. There is no longer 3D animated scenes, now there is only some really bad animated 2D scenes. Made with some bad After Effects technics.
    I am really sad about that.

I am a Game Design Student, and I got a pretty strong team with great artists and animators. We can help the BG2 CG team to make some better animations. I dont want to see these bad animated 2D CG's on my favorite game of all time.

You guys from Overhaul can contact me if you wish some help!

Thank you for bringing Baldur Gates back, but lets work to make it a bit more enhanced! =)
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Wow, I'm amazed by how many people here are calling it "bad" just because they can't get the game to run.

Don't get me wrong, that's an entirely legitimate frustration ... but you can't call something that you haven't actually played "bad." That just isn't the right word. This thread was clearly aimed at what people think of the game, not what they think of compatibility issues.
  • FenrirsViceFenrirsVice Member Posts: 2
    I wanted to be able to vote great, so far the single player has worked without a hitch, but the multiplayer (the reason I bought the game) feels like it wasn't tested it all... the inns don't even work thats a pretty big oversight
  • Dr_AtomicDr_Atomic Member Posts: 50
    edited November 2012
    Enjoying BG:EE so far, the only thing that comes to mind are three minor (but annoying) things:

- Spell icons in the mage/priest scrolls are very low-res. I wonder why the dev team didn't use the 1PP improved spell icons?
    - I was a bit disappointed that there isn't a greater variety of hair and clothing colour options; IIRC the expanded palette was one of the features of 1PP.
    - Often the mouse cursor disappears when using the inventory screen.

As an aside, the "premade" fighter character is named Abdel. Is that a reference to Abdel Adrian, the "hero" of the Baldur's Gate novels? (WHICH DO NOT EXIST AND NEVER EXISTED)
  • DoveberryDoveberry Member Posts: 24
    I just... I WANT to love it, but visually I find the game so incredibly underwhelming. The UI looks absolutely horrible to my eyes. Everything from buttons to fonts looks big, blurred and clumsy, and the colours clash horribly. I was looking forward to seeing the old 3D movies replaced, but the new ones almost look worse than the originals to me. I'm probably being silly, but I only got to the Friendly Arm Inn before I couldn't take it anymore. All in all, I'm kind of disappointed. And sad that I'm disappointed.
    I wonder if there is a way to swap the cut scenes for the old ones if people feel so inclined since that seems to be a major issue for many people here.
  • rbx4rbx4 Member Posts: 3
    So far I like the changes that seem like intentional improvements, especially the circles. I wish dialogue hotkeys worked with my number pad on the keyboard.
  • Corto81Corto81 Member Posts: 18
    I'm loving it, but I'm sad to see so many people having issues.

Hopefully a patch comes out and fixes it within a day or two and we avoid any kind of a blemish on this project.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Quartz said:

Wow, I'm amazed by how many people here are calling it "bad" just because they can't get the game to run.

Don't get me wrong, that's an entirely legitimate frustration ... but you can't call something that you haven't actually played "bad." That just isn't the right word. This thread was clearly aimed at what people think of the game, not what they think of compatibility issues.

Exactly.
  • pklooppkloop Member Posts: 113
    7 hrs played. I like it..no game breaking bugs for me. No crashes. Like the UI. I've added Neera and I think she's great! Now OF COURSE I would have liked a graphical reboot but I was aware of the source art issue before I bought it so..oh well..**

Its a modded BG with some added content and that works for me. Somewhere between the original release of this game and now, life happened. I have no problem ponying up a 20 spot to have somebody bundle together some mods, fix the bugs and make it work on my machine. Wife, kids, my business not conducive to monkeying around trying to get a bunch of mods downloaded and working correctly. I just want to pick up and play. So tonight I'm a happy camper :-)

Everyone that having some tech issues, hang in there, get 'em reported and I sure this team will get you squared away..

**that said I am hopeful that the source art hasn't been lost for BG2, the IWD's & PS:T cause I'd LOVE to see these modernized :-)

All & all thanks for a great game reboot..here goes another month or more of free time lost in the Realms :-)
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    pkloop said:

**that said I am hopeful that the source art hasn't been lost for BG2, the IWD's & PS:T cause I'd LOVE to see these modernized :-) :-)

Source art is reportedly lost for BG2. We don't know about the other games.

• KortokKortok Member Posts: 165
    Needs the option to increase the framerate, 30fps is a snails pace.
  • rbx4rbx4 Member Posts: 3
    Tried out Rashaad, and I have to say I'm disappointed in him. Monks needed something serious to make them worth using at low levels, and he does not have anything that makes him even close to being worth bringing along. I could always give him a sling or wait after several tries until he finally stealths, but I could bring along any other NPC (aside from maybe Garrick) and have a better contributor.
  • DeathMachineMiyagiDeathMachineMiyagi Member Posts: 120
    As others have said, too few options. 'Awesome' is overstatement. I would go for 'more or less what I was expecting', which is good. I miss the BGT mods I'm accustomed to using, but fully expect to see them released for BG:EE before too much longer.
  • MattShameimaruMattShameimaru Member Posts: 8
    It's bad, because after 12 hours I can't !@# run it.
  • pklooppkloop Member Posts: 113
    Zeckul said:

pkloop said:

**that said I am hopeful that the source art hasn't been lost for BG2, the IWD's & PS:T cause I'd LOVE to see these modernized :-) :-)

Source art is reportedly lost for BG2. We don't know about the other games.

http://priceisrightlosinghorn.com/

Well then the team better get to re-drawing :-)
  • Medivh1234Medivh1234 Member Posts: 95
    edited November 2012
    i voted "nothing fancy" its still the game i love, but its not "enchanted" its modded.... I know that the core problems will be fixed by patching... but the 20buck pricetag vs just getting the entire series of GOG and just use the awesome mods that has been around for like 10 years is nagging at me.
    And i do get the feeling that everyone is expecting those same modders to fix BG:EE

This is paying for convenience..... Its a good game, am not saying that the additions are bad... but it seems to be just a small amount of new content vs about 200 mods doing the same thing and having a few years of patch fixing under its belt

But i guess 20bucks should be a small amount of money for most people.. and i kinda want a enchanted bg2 .. so .. i am a bit bias :\
  • AndrasteAndraste Member Posts: 78
    I really like the parts that are actually working. Alas, I've run into two game-breaking bugs :(. While it's possible to get around the inventory bug by playing in windowed mode, there seems to be no way of fixing the bug where Rasaad repeatedly initiates dialogue except by not playing with him. Given that the whole point of this play through was to try out the new characters, I'm a bit stuck at the moment.

(I know low-level monks are weak, but I don't care. I want to hang out with Rasaad anyway!)

On the other hand, I don't mind the new cut scenes at all, I like what I've seen of the new NPCs, and I love the colour-coded circles for the party.