Skip to content

Crackling Sound

Good day,

Running the game on a Vista system with a Radeon ATI card. I keep getting a crackling sound on the intro video and whenever the characters talk. I searched the net on the old game and tried some of those fixes, but it doesn't seem to help. I'm not a computer person, so I'm at a complete loss. I did update my drivers a few days ago to the newest.

Comments

• Brygard2012Brygard2012 Member Posts: 11
    I get occasional cracks too,I'm using Razer Megalodon headsets.
  • AristobulusAristobulus Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2012
    Movies are really bad with it. When I moved around the inn my character's voice was cracking bad, but now that I'm outside the keep it's a once and again thing. It seems to only be doing it during the movies mainly, but I do get cracks during combat once and again.

edit: I don't know what sound card i'm using, whatever gateway put in it, but I'm playing on surround sound Sony.
  • LeezlLeezl Member Posts: 8
    Yeah I have garbled audio during movies too. Haven't heard it anywhere else. Don't seem to have other problems. Yet.

Windows 7 Home Edition
    HP Pavilion dv6
    AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual-Core QL-64 × 2
    HDA ATI HDMI / SB

Also possibly no combat sounds. Party does scream when hit, but no sound of weapons hitting...maybe I'll report that in separate thread.
  • norolimnorolim Member Posts: 62
    Same here. Only during movies so far, though I didn't play much.
  • RavelRavel Member Posts: 140
    Same here, especially during the movies. There's small cracklings which I could almost convince myself were just part of the movies if they didn't happen at different times.

On top of that, occasionally the movie sound will turn entirely to a really loud buzzing sound for about 1-2 seconds.

I'm running windows 7 64-bit, and tried both of my sound devices (Creative SB X-fi with headphones and my onboard Realtek High Definition Audio device), and while the X-fi was giving me the buzz reliably, I switched to the Realtek device and it stopped. However, even after switching back to the X-fi I was unable to get it to buzz again.

I tried multiple times on the opening video, both in windowed mode, and in fullscreen, and was unable to consistently reproduce the error :(
  • UlvarylUlvaryl Member Posts: 217
    +1
    and in adition i also have following "pleasant" bonus:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8124/sound-problem