Skip to content

Did anyone else get what they were expecting?

I mean, what were these negativos expecting. After reading EVERY bit of information I can safetly say that I was not suprised by the way it turned out.

It turned out great btw. Is it because others had such high expectations of this title that they are now whining? Or is it because the pesky crash bugs some people are experiencing (that are obviously going to be fixed at some point)?

Comments

• IgnatiusIgnatius Member Posts: 624
    Come on. Windows / Intel PC users (not exactly the most exotic setup) almost all experience major gameplay problems. So far there's no known correction for this. I can't play the game, the lagging is just too severe.

I personally have faith in that studio and eventually they'll find a solution, but hell no, I definitely did not get what I expected which was a playable (albeit not bug-free) game.
  • raywindraywind Member Posts: 289
    Whiners probably havent been playing anything in the past 15years and they dont know that there are allways problems on launch. (Im really looking for that elderscrolls online which they said would be working from one server to everyone, not waiting for the game but to see the shitstorm on launch when it doesnt work) This whining seems to be even a bit more fun than the actual game, "UI looks stupido", "everything is stupid ill uninstall", "my party members doesnt follow me", "the new intro looks crap" and all those posts make my day here at work that much better.
  • IshmarilIshmaril Member Posts: 10
    Well, i was expecting all the whiners, otherwise the game is not very far from what i was waiting for.

I don't really know about these things, but so far i did not encouter what you call major gameplay problems.
    This has nothing to do with whining. Are you not aware?
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7385/important-regarding-intel-hardware-driver-issues-slow-game-performance/p1

If it was about UI color I would not be here posting a message.
  • drsahldrsahl Member Posts: 65

I mean, what were these negativos expecting. After reading EVERY bit of information I can safetly say that I was not suprised by the way it turned out.

It turned out great btw. Is it because others had such high expectations of this title that they are now whining? Or is it because the pesky crash bugs some people are experiencing (that are obviously going to be fixed at some point)?

It turned out as I expected.. could I put some criticism ?? sure.. you can always improve.. but I still played so much last night that I forgot time..
  • SteezySteezy Member Posts: 11
    raywind said:

Whiners probably havent been playing anything in the past 15years and they dont know that there are allways problems on launch.

I never understood that mentality. Just because everybody else messes up, doesn't mean that you can as well... especially if we're talking about "remake".
  • MacadamiMacadami Member Posts: 7
    I'm not running an intel setup and have hit no major or minor bugs so far in my 2 hours of playtime. That being said, the game is more than I imagined. I run 1920x1080 windowed mode with about an inch of screen on either side and the graphics have well surpassed what I was expecting. It has a very familiar but new feel to it; very polished and I'm particularly enjoying the renaming of magical items which I was not expecting.

My biggest fear was to press play and a see a slightly edited version of Tutu, re-packaged just for a quick buck. That is most assuredly not the case. While some of the more die hard players of BG may nit pick here and there on changes and/or the lack of, for someone who plays the game only 2 or 3 times a year for the last several years it very much has the feeling of a better playing, looking, and challenging game that has guaranteed my purchase of BG2:EE and probably any other EE'd game they decide to make in the future.
  • Google_CalasadeGoogle_Calasade Member Posts: 80
    edited November 2012
    I'm running an NVIDIA system and haven't had one issue. I got exactly what I was expecting and am very happy with BG:EE. A lot of love was put into this and it shows. I'm addicted as the first time around playing BG and pledge my ongoing support to Overhaul. Count me among the impressed. I anxiously await BG2:EE. :)
    @Macadami, @Google_Calasade: it's nice to hear and helps maintaining faith in that studio. Not being able to play is really painful.
  • MacadamiMacadami Member Posts: 7
    The Intel issues I'm sure are their number one priority at this point, but maybe knowing that the wait was well worth it will help prolong some patience. Like the above poster not a single bug on an Amd/Amd setup, and having only really played BG1 via tutu for the last 5 years...the revert to original rules has aided in the feeling of a brand new game. The tried and true party and PC make up requires altering and planning. Let's just say those of you itching for something to do should take a look at original proficiencies, similar alignment npcs, and look forward to reloading, restarting, and replanning a few times if you do not. 2 hours of game time with probably more in a browser relearning that which was forgotten. It definitely casts that same BG addiction spell I haven't seen from a game in a long time
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I'm running nVidia setup and whilst I experienced some choppiness of the intro video and sound there was nothing else which was an issue for me.

My only other gripe is my plans to power play a gnomish illusionist/cleric were thwarted by an oversight which is penalising gnomes with a -2 to their Wisdom score instead of -1. Also it still isn't enforcing the minimum 16 Dex required to be an illusionist

But these are small things, stuff which I'm sure will be quickly addressed.