Skip to content

Your feedback for BGEE.

13»

Comments

• etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    edited November 2012
    sigh.. honestly i have no idea if it is good or not... i can't even download it.. so much sígh

Edit. well i finaly got it to work via a torrent... to much trouble getting this to work...
    so after actualy getting the game installed!?!. i have encountered few problems, a tiny price bug in shops thats it..I could maybe understand why veterans of this game, who have already played in a modded version feels that it is nothing special.

but Honestly i got what i expected from the enchanted version. it looks great plays great, and for me is well worth the 18 bucks.. to bad it was so hard getting it to work ; /
    Post edited by etagloc on
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036

its not "enchanted" its modded....

Baldur's Gate Enchanted Edition... LOL!!!

• theacefestheacefes Member Posts: 85
    ENCHANTMENT.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    etagloc said:

sigh.. honestly i have no idea if it is good or not... i can't even download it.. so much sígh

Try pausing and resuming the download process when downloader stops downloading. It helped in my case(or I am too naive to think it helped :) ). Btw, the last 100MB are kinda tricky :D
  • AdventSignAdventSign Member Posts: 96
    I don't like that "Store Button" on the main menu for Baldur's Gate....please remove it and give us free DLC please? :)
  • iam1iam1 Member Posts: 43
    I voted it's bad. Not because it's actually bad, but because (reading through the lovely forums) i see so many people unable to play it (including a lot of qq & refund requests).

This will be really bad for the companys and the people involved in making it. Many people were just looking that the 2 months delay would fix any pre-release issues, and that the release would be smooth.

Instead it was very shaky and there are still some serious issues that need addressing such as the not being able to load the game and at the very least early crashes.

I think people will be upset more than anything else. Lots of hype was built up and they most likely feel teased (and perhaps robbed for some of the less understanding people)

On the bright side, i'm sure fixes are on the way and people are doing their best to make sure the product they have sold actually works for the masses. Most people have waited a good 10 years for a game of this calibre to come out, they can wait a week or two more for it to stabilise.
  • AdventSignAdventSign Member Posts: 96
    I can play it fine but I have a Nvidea video card. Apparently some other video cards are causing bad slowdowns in the game and crashes. That may take awhile to fix (assuming its possible to fix). Oh dear...they have many problems ahead of them if they want to get it up to the caliber of the original. Maybe they strayed too much from the original with the improvements? I should create a poll on that.
  • tarasistarasis Member Posts: 20

As we all know, Overhaul was taken by surprise by the amount of work required to make BG:EE happen, which led to an unexpected delay of 2 months. These 2 months have been spent frantically getting the game from "total mess" to "presentable" status. We're all very aware that many outstanding issues remain, but what you don't see are the thousands of other issues that took priority over these.
    If thats the case though, why not either delay it a little longer till just before Xmas or at least make a note with the release saying "Its not quite there yet, we hope you enjoy it and we will continue to fix the issues asap"
  • foolstonefoolstone Member Posts: 37
    It is awesome work
  • NietsewitchNietsewitch Member Posts: 3
    I really like the approach of the 2D intro, it feels more organic then the old 3D intro with the 2D Game combined

Cheers to all, i hope your downloading bugs and problems are soon going to be resolved.
  • TurelusTurelus Member Posts: 23
    Playing exactly how I wanted it to! BG but without the hassle of installing all of tutu and the fix packs myself.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    It's bad, because I cannot even play this thing, despite pre-ordering, despite pre-loading, despite waiting 5 hours to download 100 mb of file. It either crashes before even launching (via beamdog client) or just trying to make me download entire thing over again from SCRATCH (any other method than beamdog client) - I have no other choice than downloading it again...

Judging from ammount of bug reports, they have released buggy game, despite 2 and half month delay, which SUPPOSED to be for bugfixes. I don't know, maybe Overhaul was too busy checking out how it works on fucking precious iPad, forgetting in progress that they should also check game's preformance on many different PCs with many different hardwares, like every developer team with more IQ than amoeba should.

Not to mention inferior game openining in comparison to original BG1. I was seriously dissapointed at that one. I'm also agitated because the only way I could see this thing is internet.

I even regret defending this game from being called cash-grab.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Since I didn't have any bugs or crashes downloading and starting the game, I have no complaints(maybe beacuse I didn't play it much). I am sorry to hear that so many people haven't managed to run it.
  • HexHammerHexHammer Member Posts: 288
    BG EE is not compatible with my onboard graphics chip, everything is choppy!

• KrypteiaKrypteia Member Posts: 50
    So far, the only major problem I have noticed is that, on an updated Windows 7, the game won't display if you are using the Aero themes for the desktop. Instead, the screen turns white with black lines running down the sides. You can hear the music, and even click on the buttons, but nothing will display.

Going back to the standard Windows 7 theme fixed that problem.

I'm not that far into the game, though, so I'll report anything else I find when I do.
  • drsahldrsahl Member Posts: 65
    Seems like the vast majority are very happy with the game.. It turned out as I expected and its still so good that it make me play until I forgot time last night..
  • cory5694cory5694 Member Posts: 23
    Awesome
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Zeckul said:

its not "enchanted" its modded....

Baldur's Gate Enchanted Edition... LOL!!!

I do believe I'll have to practice some enchantment spells on that one.
  • VissiousVissious Member Posts: 53
    I'm enjoying it; the UI is much cleaner and gives all the relevant numbers and commands at a glance, although this stone-blue is going to take some getting used to. The additional content, from what I have seen of it, is fine, but nothing truly stand-out.

The cutscenes are, sadly, very poor; bad animation, it's a lot shorter than the original cgi and the story-boarding needs to be re-done entirely. I know Overhaul are a small bunch with limited funds, but they should have stayed away from something that didn't need to be looked at in my opinion.

No gameplay issues thus far, I suspect that's due to owning a pretty out-dated piece of hardware. As ever, the game is a joy to play, so hopefully I won't run into any game-breaking issues later.

It doesn't feel "enhanced", though. The bugs need to be fixed, the hardware issues crushed immediately and *then* we can start with fixing aand tweaking the classes and kits so that I can feel I'm owning a product that has built upon the successes of the original in a tangible, stand-out way.
  • csuzwcsuzw Member Posts: 48
    I've not got much past character creation (although I've spent ages in that) due not being able to decide on a character so can't comment on anything past that.

While I knew that the iOS/Android crowd might be the main target for this, I was hoping that for the PC this would essentially provide BG with all the available user mods and fixes in 1 nice package with a little bit of extra content and usability enhancements.

So far I haven't been that impressed by the usability enhancements. Other than some nice improvements to the journal and inventory screen it's mostly seemed at best unchanged, at worst inferior. Some of the artistic changes also feel quite amateurish (not the cinematics though, the few I've seen, while not amazing, are better than the originals and absolutely fine) like character creation options not quite fitting the style of the original (I'm not sure why they were even changed to be perfectly honest). A good example of something that could have been an easy win but is in fact worse than before is Custom Portraits. They've obviously spent time in the area because they've changed portrait format and dimensions, however this screen is as terrible as ever to use (no scrolling on small image list, completely ignores name formatting and dimensions) and now the selected images don't align properly with the display area.

I can still see this working out well but currently I think original BG with mods is probably superior.

• BruciatoBruciato Member Posts: 6
    I'm so sorry to read that some people got issues to have BGEE working fine. I'm currently reliving my childhood and I'm amazed. Extremely happy and I actually took a free day from work to play my favourite game ever one more time. First character, as I usually do, it's a fighter.

Travelling to Beregost with Imoen, Khalid, Jaheira and Ajantis (which I go get everytime at the very beginning) makes me just wanna cry! Awesome!

I hope everyone gets the game working soon enough to feel the same as me. Best wishes.
  • YovanethYovaneth Member Posts: 691
    Kukaracha said:

I'm also pretty sure that the Overhaul crew has been on crunch for more than a month now. You could call them names, but not "lazy". It's not fun to work 70 hours a week.

Believe it or not, so have the beta testers. For that last three or four weekends, as soon as you'd posted a message on the beta forums it was either answered or another one popped up that needed looking at.
  • Eddie_KaspbrakEddie_Kaspbrak Member Posts: 29
    There's more bugs than there was in the original one...
  • FouneFoune Member Posts: 53
    I havn't had a single issue, everything has run smooth for me (except for drizzt not attacking the gnolls when I help him).
  • cyberarmycyberarmy Member Posts: 128
    Im happy :)
  • catfishcatfish Member Posts: 31
    Been playing 30 mins or so, just made my first trip to candlekeep.Seems good so far only real negative is the new cinematics i am not a fan they all need to be redone in true 3D.
  • BazwushBazwush Member Posts: 8
    i really cant answer this right now. i've been able to play only a couple of minutes yesterday and there have been some things i have to wait for. like the german soundboard... yesterday i only had text in german and my mainchar saying some words in english... thats poor -.-
  • jscohenjscohen Member Posts: 117
    edited November 2012
    I'm very, very pleased with how the game looks so far. Cliched as it sounds, I find that this is the game I know and love, but just that little bit better. The convenience of having access to a lot of Tutu/BGT's features in a package that involves less manipulation of installs and various mods is great, and the fact that it has new content is far beyond my wildest dreams.

One thing I would comment on is that the new characters' BG2-style friendship/banter setups draw attention to the fact that the original characters don't have such things. This is relatively minor, though, as it's understandable that adding such things is well beyond the scope of the enhanced edition, and doesn't detract from my enjoyment of the game. Besides, the BG1 NPC Project is probably going to get converted for the enhanced edition at some point!
  • rattmannrattmann Member Posts: 19
    It's got plenty of potential, but if Overhaul doesn't clean up the current issues, it's not going to go anywhere.
  • SylonceSylonce Member Posts: 65
    I chose the middle ground--nothing fancy, though I am just working through Chapter 2 currently. I like the improved details in the graphics, but kind of hoped for more. The movies/cut-scenes are ok, but doesn't quite capture the atmosphere like the original BG did. I like the new interface/GUI. There are a few bugs, but nothing blatant so far. I enjoy the new NPCs and companions. While there are some improvements, nothing really blew me away except for the new NPCs. Nevertheless, it's good enough that I hope Overhaul continues their work with BG2 SOA/TOB.