Skip to content

Saving on the cloud

Hi,

I was wondering if the game would use any cloud saving technology so that we can install it on numerous computers and always be able to continue the same game ?

Thanks !

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I don't believe it has that feature yet, but it's definitely planned for post-ship.
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    I just hope that you'll have the choice to keep your save on the PC OR to out them on the cloud, so that you're not dependent of an online feature.
  • balordikaalebbalordikaaleb Member Posts: 13
    I was planning to put the save files folder to my dropbox folder, and put a link to that in the folder game...to have the same saves between my desktop and netbook... it seems to be doable, but i need to check after the game release
  • WelborneWelborne Member Posts: 4

I was planning to put the save files folder to my dropbox folder, and put a link to that in the folder game...to have the same saves between my desktop and netbook... it seems to be doable, but i need to check after the game release

I was banking on this as well, but since cross-platform play will be supported (see I reckon there's a system in place? Or, perhaps there will be soon... I'm really looking forward to bouncing between PC and iPad! :)
  • CrystarkCrystark Member Posts: 22
    Nice idea there using dropbox. Gonna try with google drive.
  • balordikaalebbalordikaaleb Member Posts: 13
    ok it works perfectly, to get the link between the two folders open command prompt, in finder program and file type cmd, open it like admin, use this command:

mklink /D "folder path where u want the link" "folder path in Dropbox"

i have made in this way the folders: save, mpsave and characters

Anyway, instead of dropbox u could use any cloud-program...
  • CrystarkCrystark Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, did that too, works like a charm. I used Google Drive.
    I've also sync-ed the Portraits folder

Here's what i did. Note that you need to execute cmd with admin rights (search 'cmd', right click, run as admin) :

cd C:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition
    mklink /D .\save "E:\Google Drive\PCSync\bgee\save"
    mklink /D .\Portraits "E:\Google Drive\PCSync\bgee\Portraits"
    mklink /D .\characters "E:\Google Drive\PCSync\bgee\characters"
    mklink /D .\tempsave "E:\Google Drive\PCSync\bgee\tempsave"