Skip to content

Multi Player FIX

EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
edited January 2013 in Multiplayer
I pulled my hair out and finally fingered it. First, you will need Hamachi or some other virtual IP program (I recommend Hamachi as it is small, slick, free and many of us who played the original games remember it well.) It can be found here : http://hamachi.soft32.com/free-download?gclid=CIaX3Kf09LMCFQGFnQodvSkASw

What is just as important is making sure that BGEE has BOTH PRIVATE AND PUBLIC ACCESS CHECKED in your allowed programs dialogue window under firewall settings. Depending on your security settings, even if you select YES when the windows firewall warning pops up, it may only allow private access. So, go back in firewall settings and make sure that BGEE has public access privileges and the TCP/UDP ports are open. There is no need to do complicated port forwarding in the router if you have the firewall ports open and public and are using Hamachi.

It was not necessary for me (running win 7 / 64) to do allot of the other things suggested such as changing comparability mods and explicitly running as admin or moving your install out of the 'snadboxed' program files area. So get all of your party to download Hamachi set your virtual server up and enjoy. Hope this helps
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    Are there still Multiplayer bugs? I preordered the game 2 times to play it with my wife. If it is not working without Hamachi (or any external program added) I will ask for a payback. I am frustrated now seeing that there are probably more bugs in this release as it was in the original game. (Bug section growing at an alarming rate.) The old movies were removed, items and doors were removed (as "bugfix"), the sprites are still looking bad, etc. I am tired for today with the "developers" and the "enhanced" edition. If the multiplayer is not working alone I will ask for a payback and playing with the old mods - they have fewer bugs as this new edition. I also will donate them some money, they deserve it more. :(