Skip to content

Sum of ability scores on char gen screen

RavelRavel Member Posts: 140

I posted this a while back on the Baldurs Gate subreddit, but I figured I'd add it here as an official feature request.
Post edited by Tanthalas on

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I guess you could do that instead of mentally adding up the stats.
  • RavelRavel Member Posts: 140
    I guess you could do that instead of mentally adding up the stats.
    Right.

I mean, I'm as good as the next person at adding up six 2-digit numbers..., but when you're rolling an entirely new party, the addition can get tedious. I figured this would be a way to smooth out the process without anything essential to the character/party-creation experience.
    Yeah I understand.

Usually if I'm really into torturing myself to get good stats, its starts getting annoying to add all the points.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    CTRL+8 and lower stats to my liking, that's what I always do. Works unless you want a natural STR 18/xx other than 18/00
  • RavelRavel Member Posts: 140
    CTRL+8 and lower stats to my liking, that's what I always do. Works unless you want a natural STR 18/xx other than 18/00
    I understand that some people prefer to use that - or use an editing tool like Shadowkeeper..., but others (myself included) will feel better using a character they had to reroll 100 times rather than using a cheat or console command to achieve the same result.
  • LinkamusLinkamus Member Posts: 221
    I would welcome this addition if they don't overhaul the stat rolling system as it is.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    WOAH! So....much...points.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Speaking of this, does anyone else remember the rumor about if you clicked the roll button 1000 or so times, the game would take pity on you and set all your stats to 18?
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    I understand that some people prefer to use that - or use an editing tool like Shadowkeeper..., but others (myself included) will feel better using a character they had to reroll 100 times rather than using a cheat or console command to achieve the same result.
    Of course ^^ To each their own and I agree a total score would be nice for the rerolls. Though cheating achieves the same result with less time wasted :D
    Speaking of this, does anyone else remember the rumor about if you clicked the roll button 1000 or so times, the game would take pity on you and set all your stats to 18?
    I cried when i found out it was fake.
  • advisor21advisor21 Member Posts: 1
    New request: Actually implement the automatic 18 stats trick, but after only 999 rerolls; however, publicize that it occurs after 1000... for the trolz.
    New request: Actually implement the automatic 18 stats trick, but after only 999 rerolls; however, publicize that it occurs after 1000... for the trolz.
    Good idea.
  • iLexiLex Member Posts: 20
    edited July 2012

Actually, Assuming 3 is the lowest and 18 the highest possible roll (and the game is rolling completely fair), there is a 99,9998% chance of this happening within 150.000.000 rolls.
  • OlleDenStoreOlleDenStore Member Posts: 43
    edited July 2012
    On the screen where you assign ability scores during character generation, it would be nice if there was a field that showed the sum of all your ability points to make it easier on those of us that like to re-roll for hours :)
    edited July 2012
    Merged the two threads and renamed the thread for better visibility.
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    edited July 2012
    Supporting this 100%! Also show the /00 number for strength immediately, don't force us to max strength every time to see what secondary number we rolled. Bam, character roll times cut by 10.