Skip to content

Sounds problems

I set character sounds to "default" and he don't speak in game at all. In sound selection i can play "default" sample, but no speak in game. If i choose other voices then everything fine. Someone know how to fix it?

Comments

• Origin88Origin88 Member Posts: 71
    I have a somewhat similar problem, no voices... cant play any samples either.
    Any known fixes?
  • amikobamikob Member Posts: 4
    Just dowanload this OpenAL driver And install it. It's fixed my sound problems.
    http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/Downloads/oalinst.zip
  • NitroSNitroS Member Posts: 2
    I don't have problems with all sounds, it just no "default" sounds for character, as i understand main character sounds are in "Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\lang\en_US\sounds" folder and there is no sound file for "default". As i think this files just forgot to place there. Someone have the same problem?
  • Origin88Origin88 Member Posts: 71
    edited November 2012
    amikob said:

Just dowanload this OpenAL driver And install it. It's fixed my sound problems.

Thanks mate u fixed my problem :D
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    I shall try that link when I get home. I really hope it works because then BG::EE will be working fine except for slow movies.
  • ourzourz Member Posts: 6
    I had some problems with missing sound effects on winxp, went into audio controls and set the hardware acceleration to setting 2 out of 4, "normal". Solved the issues.
  • savailsavail Member Posts: 10
    hey ourz, could you be more precise on how to fix this issue? I can't find this setting anywhere :(. Would be grateful!
  • ourzourz Member Posts: 6
    Ok, go to control panel, sound and sound devices. Click sound devices tab, and for your selected sound ouput unit, click advanced. Go to the performance tab, there you will find a slider for hardware acceleration.

This is for winxp, have no idea how to do it on other OS.
  • nesprivnespriv Member Posts: 5
    I have similar problem with sound. My character talk only half sentence. And sounds in movies are very bad. I have WinXP 32bit. Plz hlp.
  • UlvarylUlvaryl Member Posts: 217
    ourz said:

Ok, go to control panel, sound and sound devices. Click sound devices tab, and for your selected sound ouput unit, click advanced. Go to the performance tab, there you will find a slider for hardware acceleration.

This is for winxp, have no idea how to do it on other OS.

Thank u, man.
    Moovies are still bad, but in-game sounds now're working well.

• savailsavail Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2012
    Thanks a lot ourz! Your solution worked for me :) though I'm still hoping for the very soon official fix :|
  • djgottiedjgottie Member Posts: 7

This link has a run time issue - any other links to it?
  • VaryahenVaryahen Member Posts: 224
    Talking about sound problems...in the BGEE non english versions nobody can play with voices. There's no voices for any character or npc in the game...