Skip to content

Boo doesn't squeak

ScofieldScofield Member Posts: 119
edited January 2013 in Fixed
When I click on Boo in Minsc's inventory, it doesn't squeak, I mean you can't hear that squeak sound that you should. I don't even see the text about - when you're trying to grab boo it runs away - or something like that.
Is it just me or the same happens for others as well?

I know it's something very minor, but still I like bugging Boo to hear it squeak! : D
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• ScofieldScofield Member Posts: 119
    Well agree, Boo should definitely squeak! I'll report it then.
    When I click on Boo in Minsc's inventory, it doesn't squeak. Nothing's happening.

Upon clicking on Boo, a squeaking sound should be played. Also there should be a text saying something about Boo running away when you are trying to grab it.

Not a major bug but still...
  • TalonfireTalonfire Member Posts: 17
    Strange, Boo has been squeaking for me and I see the text that is supposed to display when you try to take him, well most of it as it cuts off in the middle of "animal".
    @Talonfire Hmm weird. I'll have to try it with a different character.
  • ST4TICStrikerST4TICStriker Member Posts: 162
    This needs a fix asp
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    OMG! Drop everything Devs, never mind the intel graphics bug, this is way more serious (joke) :-)
  • fearlessfearless Member Posts: 40
    This needs raised to a priority 1, condition red.
  • ParaneParane Member Posts: 14
    What? Boo does not squeak?! Oh, the horror!
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    WTF? And I had been checking this one in all the beta builds. I'm sorry Boo. :(
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    What!? No! Say it is not so! Boo must squeak in order for us to fight! We need to aid Boo soon, lest our Minsc become further insane.
    He's squeaking in my game. >_>
    Do other characters speak? Or is it just Boo that doesn't squeak?
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Also squeaks for me.

There isn't enough room in the area where the text is displayed, however. Some is cut out.
  • theoricustheoricus Member Posts: 115
    Only Boo :P
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    edited November 2012
    No problem here. He squeaks as he should. :)
    edited November 2012
    Maybe there are different builds, is that even possible (and could it make the difference) ? mine is v1.0.2007
  • hyplionhyplion Member Posts: 1
    he squeaks fine in my game but only in the inventory screen not in the quick action bar. that awesome squeak xD
    This is weird and makes me sad :<
    @Scofield

Are you clicking on Boo in your Inventory screen or on the quickslot bar? Boo doesn't squeak on the quickslot bar.
    edited December 2012
    Inventory screen :) it's funny, because all other sounds, music, etc. work perfectly. Maybe I have too lame audio hardware in my netbook to have boo squeaks supported
    Post edited by theoricus on
    @Tanthalas On the inventory screen. I'll check again with an another character soon, though I don't think that would make a difference.