Skip to content

Any patches in the pipe?

egalor_originalegalor_original Member Posts: 92
Considering the game *is* playable (to me and the others), but still does feel *a bit* unpolished, are there any patches in the works yet?

Comments

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    It's already been patched several times since the preload. Restart the launcher to see if there are any updates pending. I know the devs are working hard.
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    A bit of information from the developers would be great. How, what and when... /J
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    They have to make sure that the patch is solid before pushing it. But as a beta team member, I can tell you that they push updates pretty quickly.
    I just want some information. E.g. "We are working to resolve issues a, b, c etc. and we expect a patch to be out on X-day. That's all. /J
    Generally speaking, you can trust the beta testers to give accurate information. (It also gives the developers more time to actually work on fixing things, rather than spending time on the forums.)
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited November 2012
    @Cuv @Aosaw what version is your BG:EE? 2.4?

I want to know if there are any updates i didn't get for some reason.
    I'm sure one of the developers has five (5) minutes to spend writing a short "This is what we're doing". If nothing else just so people know when to start expecting a patch etc. I don't think this is asking for to much. /J

And on a side note, I don't know who is a beta tester...
    @Cuv and I are both beta testers. We have the Beta tester badge in our account profiles--if you click on the badge, you can also see a list of a bunch of others as well.
    Thank you AlexM! I hope the patch will arrive as soon as humanly possible!!! /J
  • XasilXasil Member Posts: 47
    I really hope Multiplayer get optimized soon. Last night the games always crashed at some point, someone died in the group and I still saw him with full health in the portrait and when I clicked on it, the screen showed me the gates of Candlekeep...

I've been browsing the forums and no one seem to have a solid solution to create games that don't crash =/
  • egalor_originalegalor_original Member Posts: 92
    Very good. So the patches are underway, this is comforting. Thanks! :)
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    As long as that strange shadows from the texts do disappear which make them quite hard to read (books.. best example) i am already happy.

I do not expect the GUI icons replaced with more high resolution ones, i count on the modding community for a new wonderful replacement GUI :D

Anyway, above was Off topic.. Just remove Shadows from the book texts with a patch to save us eyeglass wearers :D
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I'm sure I haven't had any patches. Each time I've opened the launcher it goes straight to the play button.