Skip to content

Forum/Site Bug Reports

JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
edited October 2012 in Site Resources
This seems like the best place to put them.

1. There's no notification when someone edits @yourname into their post.

2. If you click on your inbox icon and have at least one conversation, all the avatars in the dropdown are of the person whose name appears first in the topmost message. If you just replied to someone, all the pictures will be of you. I think the intent was to have each avatar indicate the person you're talking with in each conversation, or if more than one, the last person to message you in each.

3. As several others have reported, you only get Agree, Like, and Insightful badges when you earn one more than the required number. That's weird.

4. Topics don't get marked with "# new" if you read them while they had 0 replies.

5. Views aren't being counted correctly. Topics like the AMAA announcement have far fewer views than replies, same with the "Notification problems" thread as of now, and somehow I got upvoted without a single person other than me viewing this thread! (Thanks Grieg!) This is a really minor thing since you can't sort by views, but it's been requested, so I thought it was worth noting.

6. If your first post is also a topic, you don't get the First Comment badge. Fixed.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited September 2012
    I think I'll just keep adding to my first post as long as no one else is here...
    Post edited by Jalily on
  • GriegGrieg Member Posts: 507
    I received notification, so does it mean that (1) is solved?
    Actually, I originally put #3-6 in the second post and then edited them into the first. You should've received two notifications if it were solved.
  • GriegGrieg Member Posts: 507
    No only 1 note received - so still buggy. Still when editing the post @user won't work.
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    You get notifications if someone quotes someone that did @user on you. This should be fixed so that we only get notified for "calls" out of the quotes.
    edited October 2012
    ^ Agreed, I've seen people break those apart in quotes to avoid bothering the devs again.

8. (@username) does not work because of the leading parenthesis. Actually, anything in front of the @ will break the reference, but parentheses are the most natural way of this happening.

9. If someone edits a post where you were originally namedropped, you'll get a duplicate notification. This happens each time they edit the post. Bug #1 is still active though; I wonder why it's like that? Fixed.

10. If you have unread posts in a topic, enter by clicking a specific page (besides the last one), and then leave, your unread posts will be reset as if you had only read through that page. For example, if you have 1 unread post in Ship Date Delay topic, click on the first page to check the announcement, and then back out, the page will now show 700+ unread posts.
    Post edited by Jalily on
    edited September 2012
    [Merged with the above.]
    Post edited by Jalily on
  • BattleDimBattleDim Member Posts: 55
    not really a bug but, in the bottom of the forum, we can read : "All Rights Reserved. Baldur's Gate, Dungeons & Dragons, D&D, the Forgotten Realms, Balder's Gate,"
    ... BALDER'S GATE???!!!
    I always knew that Overhaul games were serious...
    They just trademarked the most common misspelling in addition to the correct one. That's why it appears twice on the list.