Skip to content

Will you be able to talk to charmed people on BG:EE?

Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
In BG: The Original Saga you could talk to charmed people, but can't do this in BG Tutu, will you be able to do this n BG:EE?

Comments

• salierisalieri Member Posts: 245
    I believe the last thing we heard on this subject was that is was planned to be in. The introduction of the BG2 engine had apparently broken charm dialogue but the team were hoping to get it sorted before launch. I assume it's pobably a fairly low priority.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Okay, would be nice to see it, but not a deal-breaker, obviously!
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    There is already a working fix for that included in ToBEx, so it should be either working at release or be moddable shortly afterward.
  • StradlinStradlin Member Posts: 142
    Shin said:

There is already a working fix for that included in ToBEx, so it should be either working at release or be moddable shortly afterward.

This is great news! For some reason this turned out to be a big deal for me.

Like most, any and all BG I related experiences I've had since early 00s have been through Tutu. Since Tutu broke this feature, I haven't been able to speak to what I charm since 90's
    ....damn I'm so old:l

Im must say, I find it litte..disheartening commercial release of BGEE repeats a flaw/ bug a community made conversion introduced. I don't like the writing on the wall here.

Any word on ToBEx. Or more specificially, part of it adressing this issue?
  • StradlinStradlin Member Posts: 142
    salieri said:

I believe the last thing we heard on this subject was that is was planned to be in. The introduction of the BG2 engine had apparently broken charm dialogue but the team were hoping to get it sorted before launch. I assume it's pobably a fairly low priority.

Why would it be low priority? We speak of a flaw here that never existed in vanila BG and only got introduced when Tutu brought BG2 engine to the picture. I would imagine it should well be pretty high priority. Surely it is bothersome to inherit a flaw of a free community mod that didn't exist in Vanilla?

• MythagoMythago Member Posts: 23
    edited November 2012
    I've spoken to charmed people in my unmodded BG:EE game, so yes, it is possible.

Edit: I didn't even know you could do that, back when I last played BG1, but I read about it somewhere while waiting for this release, and even remembered try it when playing.
  • mister_ennuimister_ennui Member Posts: 98
    It's a work in progress as far as I can tell:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/51/speaking-with-charmed-creatures#latest

Apparently it's not as straightforward as simply implementing the patch made by @Ascension64 for ToBEx.