Skip to content

Help Edwin leaves

Hey all, I've got a problem I'm off to the Gnoll Stronghold to do Edwins quest sadly as soon as I travel to another area he leaves my party. Does anyone have a solution for this? I really want him to stay.

Thanks in advance,
Montaron

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    You might have lingered with him in the party for too long before completing his quest.
    Try kicking him out then asking him to rejoin again
  • MontaronMontaron Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2012
    I've just tried didn't work. :(

Man this system is so stupid.

Thanks anyway
  • agentmulderagentmulder Member Posts: 114
    Did you have high reputation? It could be the cause. Lower your reputation by doing "bad" stuff and try again.
    Reputation is 7 (Disliked)at the moment should be fine right? I can't leave the area I'm in at the moment else he'll leave. Thanks for your suggestion though.
  • DovakhiinDovakhiin Member Posts: 113
    In the previously game Baldur's Gate, Edwin did that too if you waited too long to kill Dynaheir, if you travel another area before 24 or 48 hours in the game Edwin leave, otherwise he stay.
    Dovakhiin said:

In the previously game Baldur's Gate, Edwin did that too if you waited too long to kill Dynaheir, if you travel another area before 24 or 48 hours in the game Edwin leave, otherwise he stay.

Jup I guess I just lost him :(
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Reload an earlier save and do it again :)
    The problem I don't have an earlier save :(
  • Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    Yup, I also dislike this party system.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Good reason to simply make all 6 of the characters.... (or just 4 and never recruit any NPCs)
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    Well, thats BG1 for you.
    mibblesrdarkenCyricistCaptRory
    Ah, nevermind guys I've just killed edwin then I went to dynaheir got rid of her too and revived Edwin it's all good now. :P
    AHFMoiraTie_Fighter
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    You have to do his quest within 10 days, it's always been like this
  • SarevokokSarevokok Member Posts: 171
    I did that with Keldorn, picked him up too early on, remembered the beholders and said nope. Came back from spellhold, did that quest and revived him.
  • FentonFenton Member Posts: 38
    If I remember you got 2-3 days to get to the fort. If you don't make it on the final day than he bails on you. It's almost the exact same timer for Minsc's version.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    Montaron said:

Ah, nevermind guys I've just killed edwin then I went to dynaheir got rid of her too and revived Edwin it's all good now. :P

Sad but true method for a number of party member problems!

• rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Fenton said:

If I remember you got 2-3 days to get to the fort. If you don't make it on the final day than he bails on you. It's almost the exact same timer for Minsc's version.

Minsc attacks, too, if you wait too long right?

Man, I love this game lol
    CaptRory
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    Montaron said:

Now that's what I call playing evil. :D

MontaronCaptRory
  • Tie_FighterTie_Fighter Member Posts: 41
    ekster said:

Montaron said:

Now that's what I call playing evil. :D

I agree, that is some sweet, sweet evil.