Skip to content

is the game suppose to be sluggish????

So, I have a few questions. Is the game suppose to feel a little sluggish when your walking around???????
I can get it to run on my laptop, but when I walk around it feels like there is lag. I've tried increasing the speed to 60 FPS, but it doesn't change at all...still runs at the same speed. It seems like it is running in 30 FPS but in a sluggish way....

On my desktop....i have 6 gigs of ram and a nvida card 260 GTX with the latest drivers can't get it to load consistently. I've seen the solutions and ones that have work are juggling compatibility mode between difference options to load while moving the essential files into the C drive.

On the times i did get it to run on my desktop, it still feels sluggish as well, I haven't played this game in awhile and when I did i played at 60 FPS, so is it just me or are other people getting this sluggish feeling to the game as well?

Comments

• begolf00begolf00 Member Posts: 152
    It seems a tad bit sluggish compared to the original at 30 FPS. But I haven't done any tests to confirm this. Maybe I should load the GOG version and test.
  • forgotten_wolfforgotten_wolf Member Posts: 28
    i think the original feels slightly faster...is there a way to increase FPS because i hated playing BG at 30 FPS, it is freakishly slow after playing at 60 FPS
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    If you're used to playing at 60fps, it's normal that 30fps should feel sluggish. However, that has always been the default speed in all IE games. BG:EE does not offer an option to change the framerate.
  • Match451Match451 Member Posts: 54
    I tried editing the baldur.ini file the baldur's gate - Enhanced Edition folder in my documents, but it didn't seem to do anything. =\
    that is good to know, we can get a patch to up the frame rate that would be amazing on a side note, if you import a bg2 character into BG1 the game will crash
  • nullacknullack Member Posts: 5
    Its sluggish for me too. Its locked to 30fps. I have two gtx 680s in SLI, this app hoevers around a few percent gpu utilisation for just one GPU, and only uses around 250MB of GPU memory for the textures.
    LOL
    omg, it is like a walk in the park for your two gtx........