Skip to content

Magical Item still equipped

spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
edited December 2012 in Fixed
Issue: Have used spiritual Club with my Priest of Talos now my character always registers 'magical item equipped' cannot equip new weapons.

Desired effect: Equip new weapon!

Also after Gorions death my cleric kept displaying the message 'hide in shadows failed'...
Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    Does anybody know a workaround for this? I've been loving the game so far and haven't encountered any other bugs my only guess is because I used it then saved before my fight with greywolf but I made the classic mistake of only having one savegame.

If I can't get rid of this then I'll have to continue barehanded or restart my 6 hour experience :(
    edited November 2012
    Sorry guys reposting this from the bugs forum because I know more poeple trawl the genral forum and I'm wondering if anybody has encountered and found a way around this issue.

Issue: Have used spiritual Club with my Priest of Talos now my character always registers 'magical item equipped' cannot equip new weapons.

Desired effect: Equip new weapon!

Does anybody know a workaround for this? I've been loving the game so far and haven't encountered any other bugs my only guess is because I used it then saved before my fight with greywolf but I made the classic mistake of only having one savegame.

If I can't get rid of this then I'll have to continue barehanded or restart my 6 hour experience :(
    Post edited by Tanthalas on
  • ArcadorArcador Member Posts: 22
    You must wait the club to disappear (magic affect to wear off). Or it is permanent in your case?
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    have uou tried recasting the spell? dispel may help.
    It is permanent. The club long dissapeared after greywolf then i went to the gnoll fortress and back to nashkal carnival before i realized my dude has been running around fisting things.
    Tried re casting and spiritual hammer. dispel i havnt given a try.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Actually, I'm just going to close it since its identical to the bugreport.

@spacejaws

Could you upload a save file with the problem to the bugreport discussion?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Meh, I just merged them.
  • kxr1derkxr1der Member Posts: 5
    I had Jaheira cast the level 1 priest spell that creates the green cudgel but after it ran out she switched to her fists and I was unable to switch to her weapon. It kept saying magical weapon equipped. I had to recast the spell and let it wear off again before I was able to give her a weapon.
    Yea the dispel worked none of my characters had it I had to cast doom on myself and dispel in a temple. Did it for Neera too who had colour changed from wild magic but hadn't worn off since I got her. Was unsure if the spell effect alterted her permanently but the doom - dispel worked for her too.

Thanks guys I away to whack gibberlings some more!