Skip to content

Hey more DLCs

Hey Overhaul, I will buy all DLCs for the Baldur's Gate Series. So make more of them, even if it costs a premium.

Comments

• CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    This was Day One DLC I could get behind. It comes standard except on the formats that come at half price to get people interested.

I'm not quite sure what they could continue adding~ =S
  • rattmannrattmann Member Posts: 19
    I would prefer that they had just waited and actually added more to the base game instead. But apparently they're too greedy for that.
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    I'd be happy to pay for some DLC. There are lots of cool things they could add to the game (especially more new characters) and I'd honestly rather fork out cash for this than another piece of Skyrim DLC. >_>
  • CuddlebugCuddlebug Member Posts: 11
    I wanna see that "Play as a Drow" thing you guys hinted at. That sounds awesome, I've always wanted to play as a Drow in BG and have all the NPCs react differently.
  • MoobooMagooMoobooMagoo Member Posts: 11
    I think they could definitely add some more classes as DLC. I would buy that in a heartbeat.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Personally I'd like them to fix the current issues with multiplayer and the frame rates before even thinking about DLCs
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    Elendar said:

Personally I'd like them to fix the current issues with multiplayer and the frame rates before even thinking about DLCs

Well, yeah, obviously. I think this topic is assuming those problems will be taken care of soon.

Elendar said:

Well, yeah, obviously. I think this topic is assuming those problems will be taken care of soon.
    I'd hope so, but not taking it for granted... companies tend to be greedy with DLCs and other crap like that.
  • secretfiresecretfire Member Posts: 63
    DLC are free for PC owners, so not an issue here.

The current DLCs, yes... future DLCs? doubtful... otherwise, why would they have a Store tab in the PC version at all?

The extra content for launch is free for PC owners yes, we're talking about future content

• The_Guilty_PartyThe_Guilty_Party Member Posts: 44
    Elendar said:

Elendar said:

I'd hope so, but not taking it for granted... companies tend to be greedy with DLCs and other crap like that.
    What jerks, expecting to be paid for their work.

• EldrythEldryth Member Posts: 56
    They said pre-launch that there would be a lot of DLC- some paid and some free. Personally, I'm waiting for Adventure Y (the big, Black Pits scale adventure that's story based and part of the main game).
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    rattmann said:

I would prefer that they had just waited and actually added more to the base game instead. But apparently they're too greedy for that.

@Rattmann
    Come on now, what's with all the negativity? I've come across two threads today where you express anger.
    I've written on threads with you before, and you seemed like a reasonable guy, which I'm sure you are.

You know as well as I do, that the Devs aren't "greedy", even if they do ask for money for DLC's.
    They don't work for free, do you?
    Case in point, they've promised additional DLC's if demand is there from us, some would be free, some would cost money.
    The ones they'll likely charge for, is additional adventures to the game, expansions if you prefer.
    I would pay for that, for sure.
    @Bytebrain
    I'm simply disappointed, that's all. I just wish that they had spent more time and effort into the game so it could deserve to be called "Enhanced Edition". Now I just feel like they've let me down by making promises they couldn't keep.

Admittedly, I'm not dismissing them out of hand- hopefully they'll learn from their mistakes here and make sure BG2:EE is the best port that ever existed. But if they fail again, there's a good chance that they'll drag the franchise down with them. I don't want that to happen, and I'm sure you don't want it either.
    Well, I'm really sorry you don't enjoy the game as much as I am... @Rattmann...
    Don't know exactly what you expected, but maybe the next installment or DLC can win you over.
    edited November 2012

Elendar said:

Elendar said:

What jerks, expecting to be paid for their work.

Bytebrain said:

rattmann said:

@Rattmann
    Come on now, what's with all the negativity? I've come across two threads today where you express anger.
    I've written on threads with you before, and you seemed like a reasonable guy, which I'm sure you are.

You know as well as I do, that the Devs aren't "greedy", even if they do ask for money for DLC's.
    They don't work for free, do you?
    Case in point, they've promised additional DLC's if demand is there from us, some would be free, some would cost money.
    The ones they'll likely charge for, is additional adventures to the game, expansions if you prefer.
    I would pay for that, for sure.

It's not so much a problem with companies selling DLCs as much as companies just overloading us with cheap DLC that would normally be seen as in game features 10 years ago. Case in point look at games like Saints Row the Third, which offer DLC that give you outfits NPCs use. That sort of thing would have been unlockable in a game last generation, and now they expect us to pay for it
    Bytebrain said:

Well, I'm really sorry you don't enjoy the game as much as I am... @Rattmann...
    Don't know exactly what you expected, but maybe the next installment or DLC can win you over.

Maybe it's just the nostalgia goggles on my part, but it just doesn't feel the same as it did in the classic version. It's not something that can be easily described over an Internet forum, really. I might end up changing my mind if Overhaul can pull off something great, like an expansion on the same level as TotSC.
    @Cuddlebug (love your name) :).
    The Devs have several times stated that they feel the same way as you about the way some companies use DLC's.

We will most likely get some new portraits and voice sets for free, but the more major stuff like bigger adventures will probably cost money, and rightly so, IMO.

Maybe new chars with quests will cost money too, and I'm fine with that also, it's not as if the game is lacking anything, I don't have to get them if I don't need them.

All in all, from every interview I've read and every podcast I've heard with Trent and co., they really seems like decent guys, that care about the game and the surrounding community. They wouldn't nickel and dime us, they aren't EA or similar giants, they're a small company and they put their own money at stake on this adventure that we are now enjoying the fruits of.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Before making damn DLCs, make this game able to launch at any PC that meets system requirements. Seriously, I still cannot launch te game, and beamdog customer's support is as useless as youtube friends.
  • DemiGothDemiGoth Member Posts: 44
    I'm not sure I'd pay a dime for any DLC. I've already bought BG+TotCS back in 2000 and still have the discs here. Bought BGEE now for $20 and now I'd be forced to pay for more content? This would make BGEE even more expensive than most new games that are released.
    DemiGoth said:

I'm not sure I'd pay a dime for any DLC. I've already bought BG+TotCS back in 2000 and still have the discs here. Bought BGEE now for $20 and now I'd be forced to pay for more content? This would make BGEE even more expensive than most new games that are released.

Well, you wouldn't have to download the DLC's, now would you?
    You've got the full game +original expansion, numerous fixes, enhanced graphics and multiple resolutions, not to mention new NPC's, the black pits, I could go on and on...

If they release a new adventure and want's 5-10 bucks for their hard, costly and, frankly, financial risky work, why shouldn't they charge us?
    We already have the promised additions to the game. Everything after that is just gravy.

I don't get it, I really don't. Would you rather they didn't make any DLC's, and just called it a day and continued on to their next project?
  • ratoaratoa Member Posts: 15
    ^^ you aren't forced so you should be fine
  • PezPez Member Posts: 19
    Before releasing any DLCs they should actually release a FINISHED game.

Before making damn DLCs, make this game able to launch at any PC that meets system requirements. Seriously, I still cannot launch te game, and beamdog customer's support is as useless as youtube friends.

I've seen you post this on multiple threads, have you read the pinned threads on the site, both in the "general" and "windows" section.
    Lots of people have their game up and running after getting the solutions to their problem there.

Other than that, you're gonna have to wait until the community or the Devs comes up with a solution for you.
    The best way to achieve this, is posting your problem and a detailed description of your hardware and software, but post it in a RELEVANT thread!
    Look near the top on the windows forums, there's threads that deals with stuff like that.
    You're much more likely to get help if you post it where people read it.

At the same time, make sure you write support@beamdog.com, again include as much as you can of system/hardware/problem, and wait your turn. They'll get to you, they just have a lot of work, so be patient.
    Pez said:

Before releasing any DLCs they should actually release a FINISHED game.

Boy, I'm so tired of posts like yours.
    The game is finished, if you have criticism, why don't you be specific, 'cause how the hell do you expect people to discuss the game with you if you just write blank statements like that?
  • KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135
    I'll buy anything they throw at me. If you have a job, I think you can afford paying a few bucks and not go bankrupt from it.