Skip to content

Unable to save anything

Mooper123Mooper123 Member Posts: 5
edited November 2012 in Windows PC (Archive)
I've been unable to save anything; the game, characters, options etc.
I have no Baldurs gate folder in my documents so I did a search for Baldur.ini and found it just in my default driver C:/.
The game otherwise works fine. No crashes or glitches.
I'm using Win7 and have administrator rights on my user.

Comments

• ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    edited November 2012
    If you run the game as administrator (right-click Baldur.exe, Run as Administrator), does that help?
    Where is the game installed to exactly and where exactly is the Baldur.ini?
  • Mooper123Mooper123 Member Posts: 5
    Yes, I'm running as admin everytime.
    The game is installed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition" and the baldur.ini is just in "C:\"
    That's a strange place for the baldur.ini to be. The game user files are supposed to be under [user]/Documents/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition. Can you check if that folder exists? If not can you try reinstalling the game with the Beamdog client?
    Baldur's gate folder in my documents doesn't exist, and I'm actually downloading with the Beamdog client right now. ~8 hours remaining. Thanks for the help
    Uninstall the game before you install it with the Beamdog client. I'm not entirely sure the Beamdog client will detect that you have existing installation (although it should, but just to make sure).
    edited November 2012
    Problem persists after reinstalling.

What is the file extension of a save game or character export?
    Seems like it's worse than I thought. Decided to start playing without saving, but some areas don't save either. Everytime I enter Feldepost's Inn in Beregost, Marl comes at me even if I've already killed him.

I can't remember if this was a "feature", but fog of war resets at the Friendly Arm Inn and other places too.