Skip to content

Game will not launch

Windows 7 64 Bit
i7 3820 4.2Ghz
8 GB RAM
Dual 1GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 6870 - Crossfire

Game will not launch for me at all. I've tried from the BeamDog launcher as well as from the baldur.exe. Attempted to launch baldur.exe under every available compatibility mode all with the same results. Baldurs gate process starts and then crashes after a few seconds. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• mrstevomanmrstevoman Member Posts: 7
    Update your Windows then try.
  • MorrandirrMorrandirr Member Posts: 60
    Same here. Windows is up to date.
  • RomaanRomaan Member Posts: 2
    i have got the same problem...:(
  • doncrawdoncraw Member Posts: 9
    Windows as well as all of my drivers are up to date.
  • Ben2512Ben2512 Member Posts: 3
    habe the same problem :/
  • RomaanRomaan Member Posts: 2
    its working :)You need to mark "Run As Administrator", "Windows Vista SP1 mode" and You need to reinstall Yours graphic card drivers for old version.thx gnf
    I have run as administrator in each of the compatibility options. Have not tried to downgrade the driver on my graphics card but if this worked for you I will give it a shot when I get home tonight.
  • sychusychu Member Posts: 6
    Why the game does not work on my netbook?
  • agentmulderagentmulder Member Posts: 114
    http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/Downloads/oalinst.zip
    Installing this could fix to some of you. It worked for me.
    Same result. "Baldur.exe" process starts and after about 3 seconds it dies. Windows error log is as follows:

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 11/29/2012 6:48:15 PM
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: DJC-PC
    Description:
    Faulting application name: Baldur.exe, version: 0.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x50b66b64
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00033ab3
    Faulting process id: 0x2114
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cdce8bffebbf98
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00766\Baldur.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: 3da91b2a-3a7f-11e2-ba40-2cb05d6d1058
    Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
    DJC-PC

Baldur.exe
    50b66b64
    ntdll.dll
    4ec49b8f
    c0000005
    00033ab3
    01cdce8bffebbf98
    C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00766\Baldur.exe
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
    3da91b2a-3a7f-11e2-ba40-2cb05d6d1058

• Jack67Jack67 Member Posts: 7
    Same here, Vista 32-bit, nVidia card, fully updated. 2010 C++ redistributable installed and re-installed. Error:

Activation context generation failed for "D:\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\baldur.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.1_none_e163563597edeada.manifest. Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30304.0_none_d9c474bda3593bfa.manifest

So, is this game a turkey? I sure hope not, but it sure as heck doesn't seem like it was thoroughly tested.
  • lytnersparklytnerspark Member Posts: 9
    I am also having a ntdll.dll problem, I'm hoping somebody comes up with a fix!
  • NewBeginningNewBeginning Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2012
    I've downloaded/installed the game several times now, both through the BeamDog client and the standalone installer multiple times. I have this same problem, however oftentimes for me, the process never even starts. I spent most of the day today doing a clean format of my computer just to see if it changed anything, so the video drivers and most of the other drivers are as new as they can be.

When I use the standalone launcher, it creates a desktop shortcut which, when used brings up the game launcher and the play button. If I press play, the cursor spins for 5 seconds like the game is going to start, then I get an error pop-up saying that Baldur's Gate EE couldn't run or somesuch, with a 'Find out more' option that takes me to the BeamDog website troubleshooting FAQs. I have OpenAL installed. My laptop has switchable graphics with Intel 4000 Integrated, however, after I formatted, I did not install the drivers for the integrated graphics, so they should be a non-issue. And finally, Catalyst Control Center is not overriding the options in any of my games.

I have also tried moving the installation folder to the C:/ drive. Whether I move it or not, trying to run the game from the .exe in the main directory does nothing. The cursor spins for a split second, but no game process ever starts, and I never get the launcher with the play button.

It is all very much a headache, and I don't want to devote much more time to it. Some of the other threads have suggested that the new high resolutions for the game are actually just blown up/stretched to fit the screen, which was not what was advertised when this game was announced. If that is the case, I would just as soon play one of my existing versions of the game, and try to get a refund for this.

Anyways, my specs.

Windows 7 SP1 64-bit
    Intel Core i7 3820QM
    16 GB RAM
    Radeon HD 7970M
  • ElizabethSterlingElizabethSterling Member Posts: 39
    For ATI users - my friend had the same issue but it went away when I got her to update her GPU drivers to the most recent version. Not a fix for everyone but it worked for us.