Skip to content

Elf Stalker stats

Hi there!

Sorry for starting a new thread for a basic question (maybe someone should make a quick question/answer thread and sticky it?) but I am playing the game with a Elf Ranger-stalker and just finished the Nashkel mines. However, with this type of game I always worry about my stats, and if my char is good enough (though he kinda holds up in a fight!). My stats are:

Str. 18/92
Dex. 19
Const. 17
Int. 8
Wis. 14
Char. 13

The reason Int. is so low is that I figured I didn't need, being a ranger and all, but then I read somewhere that any character should have their intelligence at least on 11.

What I want to know is whether I can play with this character satisfactorily both through BG1 and 2 (when it comes out).

Thanks!

Comments

• raywindraywind Member Posts: 289
    seems good enough, you can complete the game with gimped character with 3in each stat with a right party and with right class even solo.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Your stats are more than fine. The reason why people say 11 INT is a minimum is for a certain creature in BG2 that drains your INT score in increments of 5.

Although I think you need 9 INT to cast from scrolls? That's what mages are for though so no need to worry.
  • 24jel24jel Member Posts: 71
    Great, thanks for te comments. I already kinda grew attached to this character, so glad I don't have to start over.