Skip to content

Build in the ability to add voices/portraits

NirkitNirkit Member Posts: 5
I know this is a comparatively weird request that wouldn't have as much impact on the game as changes to actual gameplay would, but I thought it might be a nice touch that would be fairly easy to implement.

Basically, I think it'd be really cool if there were an in-game option - probably when selecting the portrait or voice in character creation - to add our own stuff. I know there were always ways to do both outside of the game if you were so inclined, but it seems like it shouldn't be difficult to allow us to search our hard drives for a picture file or record the dozen or so voice snippets from within the game.

Comments

• Biron5kBiron5k Posts: 13
    That would be really awesome. Making it so when your character yells threats at enemies, swears or something when they're near death, or makes witty remarks when appropriate actually be your voice would be great. Although, it might be a little creepy.
  • TonaraskyTonarasky Member Posts: 7
    @Nirkit :this was incredibly easy to do out of game previously, I remember full Buffy scooby gang pictures and voice sets and an adult star voice set a few years ago... In game searching would be fantastic.
  • NirkitNirkit Member Posts: 5
    @Tonarasky I had heard it was really easy, and I even had a mic back then, but I just never knew what program to record with. I knew you could download images and voice sets, but I was never as interested in that as I was in recording my own voice. Now it's more of an issue because I'm planning on playing BGEE with my long-distance girlfriend, and thought it would be nice if we could have our own pictures and voices for our characters. I just don't want to have to walk her through the process of cropping the photo or recording her voice myself, since she can be less than computer-literate sometimes.
  • Jedi_GnomeJedi_Gnome Member Posts: 92
    So, do we know if we will be able to add our own portraits to our characters and to NPC with this game, or will we need something like Shadow Keeper?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Jedi_Gnome

You'll certainly be able to add portraits to your character. Not sure about changing the portraits of NPCs without using something like Shadowkeeper though.
  • Jedi_GnomeJedi_Gnome Member Posts: 92
    Thanks!
  • JariahxSynnJariahxSynn Member Posts: 67
    "Im gonna backhand you when I get back up!"
    ^ I would yell when I'm near death :P