Skip to content

Wisdom in game effects for F/M

drjekldrjekl Member Posts: 35
My character is a fighter with really low wisdom, a 3, who I might dual class to a mage come BG2 EE. I have the 17 intelligance to do it. My question is will this very poor wisdom be bad for my build? I read that I wont be able to cast wish spells come BG2 EE and I'm OK with that. But I also read that wisdom affects some dialouge options. Is this true? Also does does wisdom have in game effects for my build that I'm not aware of.

Thanks

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    To the best of my knowledge wisom has no effect on dialogue, or anything else that would effect a fighter or mage other than the wish spell. And if you do really want to cast wish you can always quaff a potion (forget what they're called, but I'm almost positive there are potions that set your wisdom to 18 for significant duration).
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    It affects a few dialogue options in BG2 and ToB, but they are far an in between. Like meeting the Gorion wraith in the forest temple. As you mentioned, it also affects casting wish.

Oh, and you get -20 lore.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438

Oh, and you get -20 lore.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Good catch.
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    Wisdom is probably the most useless stat in the game for mainchar, if you're not a priest class. Lore is hugely overrated, since u can use identify spell or go to a vendor. And as for wish, there are plenty of potions of insight available in the game which you can use before casting.
  • drjekldrjekl Member Posts: 35
    Thanks guys. I'm less apprehensive about my build now.
  • tobajastobajas Member Posts: 77
    Sadly wisdom is not involved that much in baldurs gate except for rangers paladins druids and priests but even in their cases a ranger/paladin would only need at a maximum 14-15 wiz and the druids and priests 17-18 and that only when playing BG2 in BG1 I'd recommend 15 wiz since the xp cap is at 161 000 xp.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    drjekl said:

I read that I wont be able to cast wish spells come BG2 EE and I'm OK with that.

You can still cast wish spells if you use a potion of insight. That will give you an 18 wisdom and the best wish options.