Skip to content

Wow! The Imp Is Overpowered!

AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
Can polymorph into a hasted Brown Bear with a total of 4 attacks @ 18/00! The guard of Candlekeep isn't too happy about it. Well, I can't say I'm not, but it's almost imbalanced. Sorry Bards, you can't get it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

• MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    And I only used the mustard form to kill firebead and not all that other stuff :(

Yoiu know that they've nerfed the spider polymorph though? It used to be a sword spider with 5 attacks per round plus poison, it made short work of anything in the game.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    @Mungri Yeah I know. The Spider Sword was definitely imbalanced though the familiar has a bad THAC0 and the Spider average Strength. But it seems they forgot the other forms. Very weird...
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Im going through the whole game on a LE Swash / Mage to try out the imps polymorph anyway, though I'm taking it really slow due to making videos too, so I'll eventualyl find out how powerful or weak the imp is in the rest of the game.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Well, as I said, the only problem is its THAC0 and I guess its base HP. Since they don't get modified on polymorph, the fight may be more difficult against powerful creatures. But slaying AC 3 foes tells enough of its power. Also, just remarked that the Brown Bear gets crazy regen.