Skip to content

Kensais, Weapon Speed factors, and attacks per round

ibwardibward Member Posts: 2
Perhaps someone can clear this up for me:

I was considering making a Kensai to later dual to a mage but i didn't want to focus on a typical boring weapon like a long sword. It occurred to me to me that due to daggers having a speed factor of 0 that a fighter with a grand-mastery of daggers and two weapons style should attack faster than any other possible character. Is this view correct or am I mistaken as to the effect of a weapons speed factor?

Further as grand mastery of a weapon confers a -3 bonus to speed factor is it possible for a grand master dagger user to operate at a negative speed factor or is zero the fastest possible speed.

In other words is there any benefit beyond novelty for me to use a dagger kensai as opposed to a more traditional weapon choice?

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited December 2012
    I'm 99% sure that speed there's no benefit to getting negative speed factor. Also, just in case you don't know, speed factor does not affect how many attacks you get. So no, there's not really any particular reason for your kensai to dual wield daggers other than for roleplaying/stylistic reasons.
    Post edited by TJ_Hooker on