Skip to content

BG EE - How to play on a LAN network?

alienpetealienpete Member Posts: 3
edited December 2012 in Multiplayer
My husband and I both bought the game for our pc's to play each other at home. How do I play it with him via LAN (through the same modem). I have opened the suggested port (47630) on both pc's. I notice the only options seems to be via tcip. The modem, serial and properties buttons appear to be greyed out. Any help appreciated. When my husband puts my tcip no. into his pc to join my game, it crashes. Is there another way of doing this?
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• ChrisYuiChrisYui Member Posts: 94
    I think hamachi may be the safest bet, even if you are on a LAN. I was looking to simulate a LAN to try and workaround the problem where only 2 people can be connected at a time, but there doesn't seem to be any option for LANs.
  • alienpetealienpete Member Posts: 3
    I cant even get two people to be connected...
    Remorhaz
  • RemorhazRemorhaz Member Posts: 26
    ChrisYui said:

I think hamachi may be the safest bet, even if you are on a LAN. I was looking to simulate a LAN to try and workaround the problem where only 2 people can be connected at a time, but there doesn't seem to be any option for LANs.

Even when using Hamachi the game crashes for me.

• RawesomeRawesome Member Posts: 8
    Me and a friend tried hamachi, but couldn't get it to work, so we switched to tunngle,

http://www.tunngle.net/

It's kinda like hamachi, but with public rooms (you can just password your game if you don't want other people in there).

It's fairly easy to use, and there's a "DON'T PANIC" button that'll pretty much guide you through everything.

good luck.