Skip to content

Multiplayer resting pause issue.

My buddy and I can play multiplayer just fine for Black pits and Baldur's Gate. We can save and everything, but every time we try to rest inside an inn, outside, or in the Black Pits the game pauses and won't let us unpause. We can still load and go through every game menu. It doesn't freeze the game, but leave us stuck on perpetual pause that we cannot get out of. This really makes the game unplayable for multiplayer. Does anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it?

Comments

• ThorsonWThorsonW Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2012
    Go to the "Movies" folder in your "Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition" directory, then copy "rest.wbm" to your desktop twice and rename them as "restinn.wbm" and "restdung.wbm", that should solve your problems. ^^

EDIT: I'm an idiot for forgetting to mention this (even if it's a bit obvious), but put the two ".wbm"s back into the "Movies" folder in your Baldur's Gate directory.
  • CyricistCyricist Member Posts: 61
    edited December 2012
    Came here with the same problem, going to attempt your fix in a few minutes when my friend gets online, ThorsonW. Thanks in advance, I'll edit/post again if it works.

EDIT: Haven't tried it yet, but Thorson, if you're still around... would this also work for being ambushed by monsters? Like, the inability to unpause after resting happens for me and my friend, both when we try to rest in an Inn, and when we rest out in the wilderness and are ambushed. We can rest out in the world with no problems as long as we're not attacked, but if we are, it bugs and we can't unpause. So... would this cover that too?
  • RekiaRekia Member Posts: 2
    I'm having the same problem too, but between barely being able to launch the game, the lock when trying to connect to multiplayer and this permanent pause bug, I think my boyfriend might be over attempting to play this game with me. :\
  • DrewciferDrewcifer Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    My buddy and I have the same problem. We're going to try that "rest.wbm fix" tonight or tomorrow and I'll update with the results
  • CyricistCyricist Member Posts: 61
    Well, I've tested sleeping in an Inn, and this fix worked for it. Haven't been able to test being ambushed when resting yet, but if the Inn one worked, I'll assume that part works too.
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    This fix has worked for us in respect to sleeping at the inn.
  • DeadstarDeadstar Member Posts: 20
    ThorsonW said:

Go to the "Movies" folder in your "Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition" directory, then copy "rest.wbm" to your desktop twice and rename them as "restinn.wbm" and "restdung.wbm", that should solve your problems. ^^

EDIT: I'm an idiot for forgetting to mention this (even if it's a bit obvious), but put the two ".wbm"s back into the "Movies" folder in your Baldur's Gate directory.

Thanks a lot. I do have one question. Do I delete the original rest.wbm when I make the new ones or should I now have three of them in the directory?
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    Deadstar said:

ThorsonW said:

Thanks a lot. I do have one question. Do I delete the original rest.wbm when I make the new ones or should I now have three of them in the directory?

...3: 'restdung.wbm' ...'restinn.wbm' and the original plain old 'rest.wbm' from which you made the copies.
  • DeadstarDeadstar Member Posts: 20
    edited December 2012
    Edwin said:

...3: 'restdung.wbm' ...'restinn.wbm' and the original plain old 'rest.wbm' from which you made the copies.

Thanks @Edwin, that's what I thought, but I wasn't sure.