Skip to content

Custom Portraits

The current implementation may be the same/similar to the original (I can't remember for certain now) but it's horrible.

For a start the selected images don't line up with the UI properly and the scrolling with mouse wheel only works in the Medium image selection list. Then you have to be very specific about the naming and the dimensions, yet once at the Custom Portraits screen it apparently ignores all of that and you end up having to select the M and S images from a lists that include all 3 sizes.

What is the point of the large image if you never select it or does it get picked up automatically?

Given you have all the information in the file name, why can't the custom portrait selection work exactly like the built-in portrait selection? At that point why don't they show in the same rotation as the built-ins.

Ideally the custom portraits would just appear in the normal portrait rotation and the custom portraits screen would allow you to upload an image that the game could convert into the correct formats for a portrait.

This seems to me like the kind of ease of use change that can't be modded in that would provide some actual added value to the Enhanced Edition.

On a related note, why aren't the BG2 portraits also available? You've converted the BG2 engine, and you surely have all the rights so it can hardly be any extra work.
tudaqueKirkor

Comments

• tudaquetudaque Member Posts: 1
    +1

Simple things that should be added to make life easier:
    1) Support for more formats, this is 2012 bmp is out.
    2) Support for images with file names longer that 7 letters.... 7 letters is nothing and this limitation should be pretty fixable by this point I hope.
    3) Automatic down scaling for larger images so you don't have to manually crop if you don't want to. (Better yet tools in the game to crop the small portrait from the large one)
    4) Support for higher resolution files if possible.
    Kirkor