Skip to content

Possible Fix For Disappearing Mouse Cursor

I had the same problem many have had, when your mouse cursor disappears when moving gear in the inventory screen. Windowed mode works, but is obviously not a solution. So try this:

Run BG:EE in compatibility mode for Windows Xp Service pack 2.

If you're not familiar how, it's easy:

1. Right click on the BG:EE shortcut

2. Click "Properties"

3. Select the Compatibility tab

4. Check the box for "Run this program in Compatibility Mode For:"

5. Pick Windows XP Service Pack 2 from the list.

6. PROFIT!

Worked for me. I havent had an issue since. Im using Vista. So if you have another OS Im not sure exactly how to enable compatibility mode, but Im sure its pretty similar.

Comments

• ThaydThayd Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2012
    Hey, I have been working on a possible fix for this as well. So far, to no avail. Here is what I have gathered from the varios posts that I have read.

Upon opening the inventory screen and selecting an item (happens with multiple items) the mouse cursor disappears. The mouse is still active, and you can click, but you cannot see it however. This only happens when in full screen mode and does not occur in windowed mode.

I have read that the following have worked for different people:

1. Changing the compatibility (such as the above poster indicated and kindly detailed).
    2. Right-Clicking on your desktop, selecting Personalize > Mouse Properties > Pointer Options. Look for
    the "Display Pointer tails option, and Disable it (if enabled).
    3. Updating current drivers.

*Note, so far I have updated every driver, and done all of these, including disabling every mouse option and turning them on 1 at a time to no avail. I'll post any other things I come across or attempt, hopefully we can get this fixed on our end.

*Updating, Still no solution*

4. Attempted to set display settings to default, changed personal display settings to default, and every other
    available display setting. (I found this was a solution for many people having this same problem with WoW
    and other games.)
    5. I cleaned my registry, and redownloaded my Ati drivers and reinstalled them. This made other things nicer
    but BG still hates my guts.
    6. I am still working diligently scanning tech websites for solutions which people came across in other games in
    the hopes we can get this resolved.
    Post edited by Thayd on
  • ElizabethSterlingElizabethSterling Member Posts: 39
    edited November 2012
    A temporary fix for my friend (Touchpad / Windows Vista Home x64) was to window and restore the game, or just keep it windowed. It hasn't been an issue for me (Logitech Wired Mouse / Windows 7 Ultimate) yet. I'll give the top suggestion a try this evening and post back.
  • flare100flare100 Member Posts: 9
    Alas, none of these fixed the problem for me. I really hope this gets sorted soon.
  • KoekenmakerKoekenmaker Member Posts: 21
    already tried that even before trying windowmode or visiting these forums doens,t work sadly
  • MagwitchMagwitch Member Posts: 2
    Unfortunately the fixes aren't working for me either. Windowed mode would be fine, if it wasn't for the issues with mouse scrolling. Having to scroll with the arrows is really very awkward. It wouldn't be so bad if you could at least assign the WASD keys to scroll.

*Sigh*. I hope this is fixed soon, though I'm not holding my breath, given how many other issues people seem to be having.
  • OldBookOldBook Member Posts: 6
    I've put away the game for a while. I love BG, but this is unplayable. If I really need a fix, I still have the original, and there are plenty of mods out there for it.
  • RunicmagpieRunicmagpie Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    Ok with the ultimate fix is quite ok . Exept for touching the Studded Leather Armor and Helmet . Must fix it !
  • BenjaminBenjamin Member Posts: 39
    This issue is now fixed with the update :)

unselect hardware mouse in the options menu to fix.