Skip to content

The Black Pits - Give me more

I played through the Black Pits recently and I have to say I really liked it, my only problem with it is that it is so short. I would love to see more content like this, preferably with even more difficult battles, especially the ones against rival adventuring parties, those were the most fun and the most challenging.

Did anyone else like the Black Pits?

Comments

• FuneFune Member Posts: 8
    I enjoyed it quite bit but as an "bg veteran" it was too easy and finished it fast.
  • SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    What I'm hoping for in a possible later patch is to allow two teams of players to play against one another. Not sure how it would be done, and unlikely to happen, but fun to imagine.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    The black pits is gonna be so cool to do mods for. I plan to use it for my first bg mod.
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    How short is short? I 1st thought it might be about 1-2 hrs so i was simply curious about the duration.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    It's basically 15 fights of increasing difficulty. A decent player should get through it in 2-3 hours without too many reloads.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    I loved it, thinking of some obscure combinations for parties now. all bard party maybe?
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    @Sceptenar

Is it necessary having a thief in my party? so far I dont see traps or things to unlock so Im considering switching my thief to another tank, Before I advance too much..

thanks

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    edited December 2012
    mch202 said:

@Sceptenar

Is it necessary having a thief in my party? so far I dont see traps or things to unlock so Im considering switching my thief to another tank, Before I advance too much..

thanks

No, you dont need a thief at all for blackpits.
  • leyshjonoeleyshjonoe Member Posts: 59
    There is one fight with traps. In the midst of the combat, its not too worth disarming them, so at most a multi or dual thief?

Anyone know whether multi and duals reach level 10 in all classes?
    ok thanks @ajwz, recreating my party
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    mch202 said:

@Sceptenar

thanks

No, a thief is largely superfluous. But I did use a fighter/thief multiclass to great effect by backstabbing. But the Black Pits doesn't have a single lock to pick, so you can easily do without.
    edited December 2012
    Sceptenar said:

mch202 said:

@Sceptenar

thanks

No, a thief is largely superfluous. But I did use a fighter/thief multiclass to great effect by backstabbing. But the Black Pits doesn't have a single lock to pick, so you can easily do without.
    Thanks for the help, I created a Barbarian instead to defend my spell-casters

• xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280
    I loved the Black Pits and I would love a continuation in BG2EE were you continue at much higher levels just think of all the things that they could put in there to fight against! >=-)
  • xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280
    @geselle Yea I finished it in like 3 in a half hours only prob I had was with the Fission slimes I didnt know how to beat them even though you kind of get a hint about it with what they throw in there with them =p
  • davendaven Member Posts: 112
    Haven't tried playing it yet, shall do soon though sounds pretty good.