Skip to content

What are some good multiplayer RPGs in the vein of Baldur's Gate?

SlailSlail Member Posts: 9
Does anyone know any good multiplayer RPGs that are similar to the infinity engine games, or the NWN games? I've been playing through BG 1&2 with a friend, and we were looking at doing a run of NWN2 afterward but beyond that I'm kinda stumped on what any good mutiplayer RPGs might be, aside from of course icewind dale.

So I was wondering if there were any hidden gems out there I haven't heard of before or that would be interesting to take a look at. I'm not too much into action RPGs like Diablo or Torchlight though i realize a lot of people like those.

On a side note, Divinity: Original Sin looks promising.

Comments

• John_RainbowJohn_Rainbow Member Posts: 15
    Did Icewind Dale have multiplayer? It's probably been 10yrs since I played it so I don't remember.
  • SlailSlail Member Posts: 9

Did Icewind Dale have multiplayer? It's probably been 10yrs since I played it so I don't remember.

Yeah, it did. Both the second and first one have multiplayer.

• MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Magicka!!!! Its top down and similar to BG, but much more fast paced and random mayhem based spells. Imagine playing a wild mage where wild surges happen because you misclick the wrong buttons for a spell, and then you wet yourself with rain and follow that up with blowing yourself up with lightning because oooops, I didn't mean to punch in that spell combo whoops.