Skip to content

Reaction Adjustment

VarkalasVarkalas Member Posts: 24
edited December 2013 in Not An Issue
The reaction adjustment calculation is not correct (tested with 50 attempts of Hull's Sword and an Errand for Fuller with +3 reaction adjustment). The reaction adjustment roll should be between 8 and 12 and reaction adjustment should be applied to it.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    I think the reaction adjustment is not actually random but a fixed number (+ reaction adjustment).
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    "Reaction Adjustment" is actually based on dexterity and is related to combat initiative or something. "Reaction" is based on charisma and affects how people react to you. Maybe you looked at the wrong one?
  • VarkalasVarkalas Member Posts: 24
    Negative. I had 15 Charisma (+3 NPC reaction adj.) during the tests.

I know in the manual, "Mastering Melee & Magic," it speaks of Missile Attack Adjustment and AC Adjustment relating to Dexterity and Reaction Adjustment relating to Charisma and Reputation Effects.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Varkalas said:

Negative. I had 15 Charisma (+3 NPC reaction adj.) during the tests.

I know in the manual, "Mastering Melee & Magic," it speaks of Missile Attack Adjustment and AC Adjustment relating to Dexterity and Reaction Adjustment relating to Charisma and Reputation Effects.

Oh sorry, I hadn't actually looked at the manuals. I was just going by what it shows on the character record screen, where it has both "reaction adjustment" (dexterity based) and "reaction" (charisma based).

Anyways, I'm unclear what you mean in your first post. So you're trying to get a positive reaction of 15 (or in other words a pre-adjusted roll of 12) from Fuller, but that didn't happen even with 50 tries?