Skip to content

Sam Hulick scores music for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™

1235»

Comments

• ChurchOfBooChurchOfBoo Member Posts: 82
    Thats so awesome I can't wait.... How many more sleeps?!?!?!
  • ichaos1985ichaos1985 Member Posts: 34
    j0lssoni said:

[youtube video]
    Sam just posted this on Facebook.
    Amazing.

Wow. I'm really impressed. Sounds so good!

• KurakaiKurakai Member Posts: 18
    Listening to the youtube clip @j0lssoni posted just makes the wait all the more harder :P
  • LeroidecLeroidec Member Posts: 18
    I have pre-loaded the game - and the new theme for BG-EE is just amazing ! Congratulations to Sam Hulick, it could have been BG3's theme !
  • MDesignerMDesigner Member Posts: 15
    Thanks, guys!
  • butcheredbutchered Member Posts: 16
    Hey thanks for uploading that, sounds great.
    I want to play the game NOW!!
  • MattysekMattysek Member Posts: 24
    I just preloaded and this is crazy! bpthemea is awesome. and i cant wait to listen to bpc1 and 2 and 3 in battle :D
  • DarksheerDarksheer Member Posts: 84
    Was happily supprised that you can listen music and watch BGEE videos with VLC player. ^^ New music is great and fits with bg1 theme better than anything I've yet seen in BG:EE. Can't wait to start playing. :)
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    The new theme is fine but I don't like the idea of completely replacing the old one...
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @ankheg Then you needn't worry. The old music is all still there.
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    Aosaw said:

I am relieved. Do you know something about the FAI video music?
  • TurelusTurelus Member Posts: 23
    Qfwfq said:

Jeremy Soule is the better composer in my opinion. Sam Hulick's work seems disingenuous to me, a template form of expression, whereas Soule's work often seems to allude to the unseen, adding to a sub-narrative that deepens one's experience of an environment...

@Qfwfq I agree with that completely! Soule's music is there but it's never dominating the game, just making it better!
  • KrOKrO Member Posts: 21
    Turelus said:

Qfwfq said:

Jeremy Soule is the better composer in my opinion. Sam Hulick's work seems disingenuous to me, a template form of expression, whereas Soule's work often seems to allude to the unseen, adding to a sub-narrative that deepens one's experience of an environment...

@Qfwfq I agree with that completely! Soule's music is there but it's never dominating the game, just making it better!
    Well the disingenuous comment was a little harsh and one I do not think many would agree with. As for the comparison between Soule and Hulick, both are insanely good but I have to give it to Soule for the amazing Elder Scrolls soundtracks, especially Skyrim where he completely nailed it.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    ankheg said:

Aosaw said:

I am relieved. Do you know something about the FAI video music?
    I haven't watched it recently, but there's a good chance it works better in the game itself. I'll take a look when I get home from work.
  • PhoenixDownPhoenixDown Member Posts: 38
    I got to say I'm really impressed by the composer. It's a joy to listen! One of the best new additions in BG:EE!
    KrO said:

Turelus said:

Qfwfq said:

Well the disingenuous comment was a little harsh and one I do not think many would agree with. As for the comparison between Soule and Hulick, both are insanely good but I have to give it to Soule for the amazing Elder Scrolls soundtracks, especially Skyrim where he completely nailed it.
    I'm sorry, but please don't compare master Jeremy Soule work to anyone. It's just wrong. He is the greatest composer in games history. Period.
    I still love to listen to ICWD soundtrack even if I don't have the game anymore. Helps me relax in exercises. Just for a minute I can pretend the world isn't a crappy place and I'm in Icewind Dale:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y96Y2JE5F8
  • FatalFatal Member Posts: 54
    The song on The Black Pits is so awesome. Stuck in my head now for days since release of BG:EE
This discussion has been closed.