Skip to content

Long time 3.5 and pathfinder player. No idea about ad&d

So. I was excited for this and had my character planned out. I was going to use My Pathfinder/3.5 character I am very fond of. But that goal was destroyed from the first few moments. I wanted to make a Human Monk/Sorc. Are there any ways to achieve this, including the use of console commands/cheats?

Comments

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    They have mods that let you change everything in Baldur's Gate, but I don't know that any are BG:EE compatible yet.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    You could possibly use Shadowkeeper to amend your classes. There is a how-to guide on how to get Shadowkeeper working with BG:EE;

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/151114/#Comment_151114
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    Second Edition AD&D doesn't have the same class/level up system of 3.x/Pathfinder. So yeah, no multiclassing Monks with anything. Nor Sorcerors I think, although they are technically a mage kit so maybe you can dual class with them? Not sure.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Neither Sorcerer or Monks can dual-class. It'll require hackery to get done.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited December 2012
    Barbs, sorc, and monks were added to BG2 as a compromise to keep it from having to be fully upgraded to a 3rd edition rule set since 3rd came out during BG2's production and WotC requires all books and games to be based on their current system, storylines and intended game mechanics be damned. That's also why ToB was a rushed and almost totally linear compared to the other two games...it was supposed to be a full 3rd game, but they would miss the cut off their compromise bought and have to upgrade it to 3rd and screw what they had in mind for the series (That's actually what happened to Neverwinter Nights, so thank WotC every time BG2 lies to you about importing your characters into NWN), so they cut things short and tidied it up as best they could.

(they did actually exist in 2nd edition, but were from supplements rather then the core rule sets, though their implementation is based more on the 3rd edition versions)
    CaptRory
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    I like the Pathfinder system myself but like others have said that concept simply does not work in this game without a lot of painful workarounds.

You are limited to 2 options
    1) multiclass: non humans only-you have two classes (from a limited selection based on race) and level them all up at the same time (any xp received by the character is divided between them). They share skills but also limitations. So a fighter/mage can advance to 5 proficiency points, but only in weapons mages can use. And they can wear armor, but not when casting arcane spells. (Basically in AD&D any armor is the equivalent of a 100% arcane spell failure chance)
    2) dualclass: humans only-you start off as one class, let's say fighter again. And at level 5 you dual class them into a mage. To do this you must have a 17 in the primary stat of the new class so INT for a mage. When you have 1-5 mage levels you have none of the armor/weapon proficiencies, to hit bonus or save bonuses you had as a fighter. However, once you reach level 6 (one higher than the class you used to have) all of those things come back. You still have the limitation of not being able to cast spells in armor though. Afterwards you will continue to advance as a mage (ie: you can never advance your former class again).
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Multi-fighters can only ever get specialization (**) in a weapon, regardless of whether both classes can use it. But other then that, correct.

Robes aren't considered armor even if they give AC, (only matters for Kensage, though), and certain armors of elven origin (chain mails only though) do allow spell casting while worn. But I'm not sure if there are any elven armors in EE...I heard a rumor somewhere that at least 1 suit of elven chain was added..but haven't seen any confirmation of that rumor yet.