Skip to content

What do you think of Neera?

I don't have her yet :)

Comments

• SullaSulla Member Posts: 72
    Her voice and dialogue are okay; a little whiny like Imoen which borders on annoying at times. I hate her wild surge. After blowing herself again - this time permanently - trying to cast a simple magic missile, I decided to not to reload to an earlier save and just leave her dead. I need a magic user who is reliable.
  • mercurymeltdownmercurymeltdown Member Posts: 49
    I'm not a fan of the Wild Mage kit, but I think it's cool that they included one!
  • kdalikdali Member Posts: 23
    So I assume whatever you gain from her quest is not worth dealing with her?
  • MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    she talked a bit I helped adoy, now what, is that it she has no input or what?
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    I think she is cute n_n

I haven't had issues with her wild surge yet... but I'm hearing stuff from my fiance about exploding cows, and from other people stuff about chickens, gender swapping, orange skin, and demons. So far I'm just getting boring stuff... fire Magic Missile, target dies. Rinse, wash, repeat. Go figure :P
  • darthchairdarthchair Member Posts: 191
    I think she's cute too. I don't mind her. But I don't really use her effectively. I honestly have her in my party because she's new and I'm curious about her storyline. I don't think I'll keep her afterwards though. Or Rasaad for that matter.
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    She has very bad voice acting. Compare it with every other NPC and it is far inferior. They paid some shmoe to do it and they got what they paid for. The wild surges make her unreliable to downright frustrating at times.

Terrible wild surges I have experienced so far (I'm only level 5/4 multiclass):
    1. Summoned a demon twice and wiped the entire party... twice.
    2. Exploded like a fireball killing herself and half my party.
    3. Cast sleep but it affected my party aswell as the enemies which got Rasaad killed (I believe that was the 805th time that he died).
    4. Shot a lightning bolt in the wrong direction killing a bunch of innocents making me lose all my rep and causing her and many other NPC's to leave.

I'm sure there were other minor inconveniences but those are the ones that really stand out.
  • darthchairdarthchair Member Posts: 191
    Well...in a way those are kind of funny though. I haven't had her ever do anything like that. o.O;; But you know...she's kind of supposed to be a character that invites a lot of chaos and problems. I mean that is kind of the entire point...pay attention to her story, ya know? She's a living disaster. So it fits the character.
    I sent her to the FAI, for now. She does sound like a cheesy actress from a kid's movie.
  • loganultimaloganultima Member Posts: 109
    I like.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    She is pretty decent statistically, and more importantly she's extremely cute.

She is the sort of woman I get attracted to in real life ... slightly bubbly, talkative, open and honest.
  • hansolohansolo Member Posts: 136
    I like her design.
    The voice is well done as well.
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    I'm not a fan of her voice acting and her introduction didn't really sell her to me - particularly how she just shouted at the party as soon as they saw her, not even walking to them, which gave me terrifying flashbacks of Saerileth - so I just sent her to the Friendly Arm Inn.
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    i hated her at first, but she's starting to grow on me. and the only wild surges i get are (level up spell +3) and etc. A few times i tried casting the wild mage spell, and i've been fairly lucky so far. Once as a lvl 1 mage, i tried to use it to cast skull trap, and the wild effect was caster becomes target. Reload, try again, and tank's hp are doubled. Sweet. Rampaged for a bit, rested, and tried 2 more times. Both times cast skull trap. So far it's been fun for me.
    I think being prepared to reload often must be key with her quest ;)
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I really liked Neera. She is my favourite of the new characters. She is more realistic that all the other level one or two characters who act like they are super experienced and confident.