Skip to content

Additional "Second Hand" slots for weapons/shields?

BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
Not sure if this has been brought up... but yeah. Just as the title says.

I've noticed in the BG2 interface next to the shield Slot there are two buttons to change character colors. Why not dump those out and add a couple of slots for second hand equipment. Call it a Shield quick slot, where you can quick switch between a few different shields, or second hand weapons.

Comments

• MooseChangerPatMooseChangerPat Member Posts: 148
    That's... actually pretty clever. You can already change your colors in the customize section, so why not do away with it? This way you could access your shields and off hand swords a bit easier, and have some extra inventory space. I also hope that maybe they'll actually have duel wielding in baldur's gate 1, as it made no sense that Drizzt only used twinkle and so you could pick pocket frostbrand.
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    @MooseChangerPat They will be using the ToB engine, so yes they will have dual wielding in BGEE :)
  • MooseChangerPatMooseChangerPat Member Posts: 148
    *_* OMG YES!
  • ArkinArkin Member Posts: 32
    Scooter said:

@MooseChangerPat They will be using the ToB engine, so yes they will have dual wielding in BGEE :)

I hope this is true - dear Lord, let it be true!
  • WolfheartWolfheart Member Posts: 170
    I'd like iwd 2's system better where ya have more than one set. Let's a rogue have a bow and dual Wield daggers equipped at once. Alt would be to make the offhand automatically go to an unequipped slot when you equip a two handed weapon in a mainhand slot.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Agrreed on the Icewind dale system, although having more slots like Boaster suggested can also work nicely.

@Arkin : It is indeed true. No more "swords for everyone", but rather "double swords for everyone" :D
  • DukeOfSuffolkDukeOfSuffolk Member Posts: 22
    It's my impression that the BG2 engine will be used and enhanced. From that assumption, it is right to believe the quick slot (or quick switch, as I like to think of it) will be available in BG1. I always found that an excellent feature, too.