Skip to content

Bugs

HuderonHuderon Member Posts: 4
I'm not sure if this is a topic yet in Multiplayer so forgive me if it is and someone just post a link to it in here if it is. But can we get one place where all the bugs so far in multiplayer are so the devs can see them easier and fix them? I'll start with some of the ones I know of and also how to fix it so others can see
-Can't rest in any inn it will say someone paused the game and can't be unpaused. (If everyone but the host disconnects it gets fixed, I dunno haven't tried it I just rest in the wilderness.)
-When traveling to different locations on the map if you don't click fast enough or even when you do sometimes every ones clients freeze up and lock (sometimes if one person leaves while its frozen the others will get unfrozen)
-Cinematics causes crashes (not sure which ones)
-Can't rest on dungeon floors same thing as inn resting happends (May be fixed if everyone besides host disconnects)
-Can't connect unless using Himachi or being same connection might fix it?
-If playing with more than 2+ people when the host joins and the 2nd player joins, when the 3rd joins he must leave and rejoin so the 2nd player can see him, since on his first connection won't show "name" joined. But on his 2nd join it the 2nd player will see "name" joined. For the 4th player he has to leave until the 2nd and 3rd player can see him join the game. (If they all just join the game crashes not sure if its immediately when the host tries to start or if they travel on map) from calace
-Seen random nobles and hull and other people from candle keep in places they aren't suppose to be in. For example a bunch of nobles will be in a group in the wilderness somewhere or many hull will be next to each other in the wilderness.

"To fix the indoor sleeping bug, you need to add 2 new files in the movies.(C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\movies). You need to make 2 copies of the rest.wbm file and rename the new copies "restinn.wbm" and "restdung.wbm". So now you should have 3 rest videos (the original and the 2 new ones). Everyone in your multiplayer party needs to do this.

Doing this fixed it for me, and I have tested it on 4 other computers, so it seems to be a legit fix!" from wisecrony
- entering the main building in Friendly arms inn disconnects all the clients but is easily tresspassed by letting the host do all the work inside then let people rejoin once he is out. - calace
- In naskel if you enter the Temple some people might get a disconnection (not 100% sure but we had a few run ins with disconnection tied with that area) - calace
Given credit to those who found the bugs where I saw them on the forums hopefully we can all find one place to post all the bugs for multiplayer and fixes in one location for everyone

Comments

• TyiliyraTyiliyra Member Posts: 5
    ok! But then, did you check it on the different operation systems or just computers:P
    Nah, kiddin... or am I?
    Thanks, I will try this out, maybe will help in my case.
    If it is about my session I am getting crashed few times during the play. It is not bothering me that much since the reason of those occurance is not that easy to find and could me more complicated. And again it is not that often... but still it is there.

SPOILER

About that mage named... Edelgar or sth like that from the wild mage (new character) plot. When he vanished then he can be seen again after going inside tavern or whatever and a couple of saves and loads, at least that is what I did when realised he is out there again. Tried even killing him, but he was totally immune to damage and all the time neutral (did not change to enemy towards my team).

END

• HuderonHuderon Member Posts: 4
    Tyiliyra said:

ok! But then, did you check it on the different operation systems or just computers:P
    Nah, kiddin... or am I?
    Thanks, I will try this out, maybe will help in my case.
    If it is about my session I am getting crashed few times during the play. It is not bothering me that much since the reason of those occurance is not that easy to find and could me more complicated. And again it is not that often... but still it is there.

SPOILER

About that mage named... Edelgar or sth like that from the wild mage (new character) plot. When he vanished then he can be seen again after going inside tavern or whatever and a couple of saves and loads, at least that is what I did when realised he is out there again. Tried even killing him, but he was totally immune to damage and all the time neutral (did not change to enemy towards my team).

END

I only have one operating system Windows 7, same with all my friends I was playing with. I was playing on my computer, while my 1 of my friends had a laptop and another had a computer. We all experienced these problems.

SPOILER
    I'm not sure if the mage is a bug but when she sends him away it does say she sent him somewhere and that he would probably come back or something. Then i guess he comes back and looking for her their at the same spot.. But I did kill him with my party but he was neutral as you said and did hit my team but was neutral and moved around a lot. It's all in the rolls you get and when you move over him after doing damage it says uninjured even though we just smacked a 34 on him.. Weird but he is kill able.
  • QuineloeQuineloe Member Posts: 55
    I am experiencing the same multiplayer resting at Inn bugs, but it works fine for me when I try to rest outdoor - the campfire movie plays for both of us then. I assume the game is trying to play a video in inns, but there is none it can play?
  • HuderonHuderon Member Posts: 4
    Quineloe said:

I am experiencing the same multiplayer resting at Inn bugs, but it works fine for me when I try to rest outdoor - the campfire movie plays for both of us then. I assume the game is trying to play a video in inns, but there is none it can play?

try this i haven't tried this but someone is claiming it works
    "To fix the indoor sleeping bug, you need to add 2 new files in the movies.(C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\movies). You need to make 2 copies of the rest.wbm file and rename the new copies "restinn.wbm" and "restdung.wbm". So now you should have 3 rest videos (the original and the 2 new ones). Everyone in your multiplayer party needs to do this.

Doing this fixed it for me, and I have tested it on 4 other computers, so it seems to be a legit fix!" from wisecrony