Skip to content

Where the hell is the patch then ???? still no answer ???

getting really sick of this, there is no patch released in an .exe yet ???? still have the equipment cursor problem and can get no further without this fixed. what a joke, this really makes this team look like amateurs.
how did this not get caught before final release ? I mean good god, its a real serious bug that really affects the gameplay ? for god sake someone put the patch

Comments

• FenryrFenryr Member Posts: 1
    at least you can launch the game. since they start patching, the game is completely broken for me. :-)
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited December 2012
    I'm not trying to be a grammar nazi, but if you want people to take you seriously you're pobably better off using proper sentences and avoiding multiple punctuation marks in a row (e.g. ????).
  • karrickkarrick Member Posts: 40
    edited December 2012
    Bytebrain said:

Maybe if you checked on top of the forum you would see mention of the patch we all got yesterday?
    You just need to restart your launcher, and it updates.
    One of the fixes is the mouse/equipment issue.

Take it easy, and ask politely instead this way, it doesn't help you at all..

Also, give the developers a break, they're working hard to solve all issues.
    The game has only been out a few days.

Oh yes, the patch that came yesterday and completely stopped the game from working. YES WE ARE ALL SO VERY GRATEFUL FOR THAT.

And the developers SHOULDNT HAVE to work hard to fit it these days - they should FINISH the game properly and make sure that its thoroughly tested before they release it. Even if they make us wait a little longer.
  • dbareladbarela Member Posts: 2
    absolutely correct karrick what is it with everyone kissing the developers bottoms? we paid for a working game.. if it wasn't ready they should have made us wait till it was. waiting was frustrating but paying for something that doesn't work is annoying
  • xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280
    Restart your launcher, if that fails re deownload the game, and if that fails reinstall the game that fixed it for me.

Restart your launcher, if that fails re deownload the game, and if that fails reinstall the game that fixed it for me.

oh really? SHIT? WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THIS?!?!

oh wait moron. I did. about 48 hours ago.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    karrick said:

oh really? SHIT? WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THIS?!?!

oh wait moron. I did. about 48 hours ago.
    On the off chance that you're on these forums because you're still trying to find a solution, rather than just trolling, you may get better results by not being an asshole.
    @karrick I may be a asshole but guess what I can play the game with the update =) I was just trying to help, when you uninstalled the game did you wipe the registry clean of any traces of the game?

@karrick I may be a asshole but guess what I can play the game with the update =) I was just trying to help, when you uninstalled the game did you wipe the registry clean of any traces of the game?

i did. next idea? how about turning it off and on again!?

hmmm does your launcher have a diamond shaped icon in the bottom right hand corner?
    Also did you try turning off and on again?
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    This worked for me:
    Start the launcher. Wait a little. No, no update shows so press 'Play'. Exit the game. I cannot remember now if I had to press 'Play' again or if there was an immediate update message, but the pop-up window showed up and the patch downloaded just fine.

hmmm does your launcher have a diamond shaped icon in the bottom right hand corner?

nope
    @karrick the patch didnt stop the game working for alot of us just some of us do you have any idea idea how hard it is to program something to work in thousands of different hardware and software configurations? I found a guy on here with the exact same hardware as I do but he has gotten bugs that I havent its really hard to feel sorry for you when you act like a prick.
    @Karrick you are on your own I just noticed your other comment have fun getting this to work there was no reason to be a complete ass to people who are trying to help you enjoy your game =)
    @Karrick these forums used to be a great place to just hang out and chat with fellow players then people like you came in and are ruining the experience for other people thanks for that.
  • CriticalDamageCriticalDamage Member Posts: 13
    can someone give me a link for the patch? i can't download it from the launcher and I'm stuck withouth that patch U_U
    @CriticalDamage there is no link it downloads through your launcher.

@CriticalDamage there is no link it downloads through your launcher.

Yes, i know. And I said that i can't download it from the launcher.

@CriticalDamage ok if you knew that, then wtf did you ask for a link to download the patch???
    edited December 2012
    @xxxsmb1987xxx first of all, calm down..i don't know what happened to you or if you were born like this..but I don't need your passive agressive bullsh*t.

and my first comment already stated that the luncher wasn't working for me..so you should read better..
    english is not even my language and even I recognize that you didn't even stopped to fully read the comment.
    @CriticalDamage

I should have said you can only download it through the launcher, there is no link, and im not being agressive. Trust me the comment I sent you is faaarrr from being aggressive. So ill say again only way to get the patch is through the launcher check out some of the threads posted by the developers. I also read your comment one sentence its really hard not to fully read one sentence.

@xxxsmb1987xxx there is something about "wtf did you ask" that sounds agressive.
    it's really hard not too fully read one sentence..but there is special people everywhere.

back on the subject, i've been trying to fix it but there is nothing to fix..the download just freezes and period, so I've tryed to re-install everything and the problem still happens...i really don't know what to do anymore. Sooner or later a link is going to be available although not by this channels apparently u.U..
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I posted this in the Patch Release thread, but here it is again with some additional things to try. Bear in mind that I'm not a programmer, so after a certain point I'm just going off of what I do to fix everyday problems with my computer. If you're already aware of them, feel free to use or not use them at your discretion:

1) Delete the 00766.beam and 00766.status files out of Program Files\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data, which should prompt the launcher to grab the latest update. @CriticalDamage's situation suggests that this won't resolve the problem, which is that the launcher is failing to download after it starts, so....

2) Restart your computer. Sometimes when you install a new program, it sets some things up that won't take effect until after you've restarted. Whenever I have a problem with new software, my first step is to restart. (Of course, my computer's a bit faster on the start-up, so it's less of an investment of time). Restarting your computer is also a good way to let your computer rest if it spends most of its time on anyway; if you've got Windows Updates waiting to be installed, that may also be causing problems. If that doesn't work...

3) Re-download the launcher. It could be that the download is failing because the launcher has been corrupted. By what, I don't know. But re-downloading the launcher will at least give you a fresh start to work with. And if THAT doesn't work...

4) Reinstall the game. Make sure you uninstall the existing version of the game, of course. Reinstalling will automatically grab the latest version of the game; you won't have to install any patches or updates--they'll come already built in. That being said...

If your launcher isn't downloading the patch because the launcher doesn't work, then you might have difficulty reinstalling the game. If you get to this step and you still have problems, send an email to support@beamdog.com with your system specs and tell them that you've tried the above four steps, and they'll offer some more insight as to things you might try.
    edited December 2012
    @Aosaw thx
    I should have put "Restart your computer" first in the list, actually. No need to delete those two files if the problem is that Windows is waiting to install 37 updates. ;)
    @Aosaw I mentioned that earlier =p I just wonder how many people posting on here lately have bothered even reading some of the help threads on here before they posted there own threads?

@Aosaw I mentioned that earlier =p I just wonder how many people posting on here lately have bothered even reading some of the help threads on here before they posted there own threads?

oh, still being a prick i see?

Probably none. But to tell the truth, I don't mind posting it again as long as the information gets out there. I imagine people will start linking to the relevant posts and threads; as long as people can find the answers they're looking for, I don't care how it's done. :)