Skip to content

Will Weimer take part in BG: enhanced edition?

kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
Well with all the mods and extras he put on internet (that go over 1gb more if i'm not wrong with Solafein, valen, item upgrade and a lot of other mods) will he participate on this project? Just a question here, no, yes or yes and anymore info you ppl have will be good enough, after a proper answer the topic can be closed to avoid spams.

I will put it on general section of the forum for now but move it to the right place plz if i post on the wrong place.

Comments

• GrimSqueakerGrimSqueaker Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    Afraid Wes doesn't really do modding anymore, so it seems unlikely! Sorry!
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    but a job is a job, maybe not modding but i believed beamdog could employ him, i heard this before so i can't confirm it but wasn't Weimer on the original equip that make baldur's gate?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited June 2012
    @kamuizin This is where he'd be if he was available: http://weidu.org/main.html
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited July 2012
    I think Wes is a computer science professor, I think in South Carolina. He probably doesn't have the time.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
  • CastelessCasteless Member Posts: 2
    Awh no chilli pepper? Poor guy!
    Awh no chilli pepper? Poor guy!
    That actually makes his ratings more accruate IMO. Depending on the school, chillipeppers tend to skew results by as much as 50% (at Harvard no less!) I consider this evidence for the halo effect. What's the halo effect you ask? Well, I'm glad you asked. Do you know why first impressions are important? They're related. The halo effect is an overgeneralization we--and yes, we All do it--make about people we don't know very well. If our general impression is overall positive--like say that we think that they are HOT! when we first meet them--this impression will 'bleed' to other imputed attributes.

This, of course, unless other stereotypes interfere. For example, there used to be--there might still be, hope not--a stereotype that blonds--particularly attractive blonds--were 'ditzy' or unintelligent. This I believe is tied to a perceived excessive feminity which tends to be associated with softness of both body and mind. As a species we're pretty insistent on marginalizing our women. Which reminds me: I'm glad Wes is involved with a scholarship program for women in computing.

What was I talking about? Oh yes, Wes seems to be doing just what he should be doing. I've never met the guy but I'm somehow proud.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    No mention of the WeiDU on that link :<
  • jcomptonjcompton Member Posts: 157
    As Weimer's de facto "literary executor" I'll echo what Grim said: don't count on it. Besides, he was always far more interested in BG2 than the original.

(On the other hand, I know from experience that the academic tenure process can spur an early mid-life crisis, so who knows?)
  • SirBuliwyfSirBuliwyf Member Posts: 137
    lansounet said:

No mention of the WeiDU on that link :<</p>

Yes there is. " I play games and do other things." the link on "other things" takes you to the WeiDU page.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited July 2012
    jcompton said:

As Weimer's de facto "literary executor" I'll echo what Grim said: don't count on it. Besides, he was always far more interested in BG2 than the original.

(On the other hand, I know from experience that the academic tenure process can spur an early mid-life crisis, so who knows?)

And what about you :)
    Besides, this is the ToB engine, and they plan BG2/ToB too.
  • jcomptonjcompton Member Posts: 157
    In principle, of course I'd love to contribute. In practice, we'll see if an opportunity presents itself.

I'd certainly hire someone with my background to develop new BG2 content or work on adapting choice mods to the contractual constraints of the rerelease... but it's not up to me.