Skip to content

Multiplayer "Connect" Crash - solution

ArcadorArcador Member Posts: 22
edited November 2012 in Multiplayer
It seems there is a minor bug which, when the port is closed, crashes the game.

Me and my friend also crashed when attempted to get into multiplayer.

We had similar issue with Icewind Dale games. There - it was especially related to the port forwarding.

Ok, port forwarding isn't for everyone, also in my ISP I have to call them to do this and I don't particularly like to phone supports.

But fear not as we found easy fix:

1. Install on all multiplay computers "networking" software.

Hamachi worked for us - https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/ (it's free)

2. When, using this software, you make a connection between your PC's, it will give you virtual IP.
One of the user creates virtual network and the other users join that network. (keep in mind networks names are case sensititve)

Then, after connected to the same virtual network - Use that virtual IP. It worked like charm with us.

Edit: also - check your firewalls. Mine didn't detect the game and blocked it.

Comments

• GoForTheEyesBooGoForTheEyesBoo Member Posts: 97
    edited November 2012
    Worked great, I'd recommend doing this!
    Post edited by GoForTheEyesBoo on
  • AtansAtans Member Posts: 10
    Does not work for us, firewall active or not.
  • McHardMcHard Member Posts: 19
    No....it does`nt.
  • GoForTheEyesBooGoForTheEyesBoo Member Posts: 97
    Atans said:

Does not work for us, firewall active or not.

McHard said:

No....it does`nt.

Did you install Hamichi on both computers and connect them to the same network, it should work that way.

• EdHousdenEdHousden Member Posts: 40
    Thanks! Worked for me!
  • SarrivinSarrivin Member Posts: 1
    I'd recommend Tunngle instead of Hamachi : ). Great soft.
  • TyiliyraTyiliyra Member Posts: 5
    Worked for me as well, thanks.
  • SuiboonSuiboon Member Posts: 86
    Hamachi worked for me and my friend a couple of days ago but now, for some reason, it won't. The only thing that has changed is that the patch came out. Though I'm not sure how that could have screwed it up.
  • SnweosSnweos Member Posts: 1
    For some reason when I try to connect to my friend's Hamachi my game crashes. But I can host and he can join my Hamachi fine? Not sure what is going on with that..
  • ArcadorArcador Member Posts: 22
    edited December 2012
    We had a problem on Saturday. For some reason Hamachi connection went out of sync. We fixed it with restarting it.

- By all means - Hamachi is one tool. Try other similar tools if this one isn't working.