Skip to content

BGEE Appreciation Thread

So, uh, look around. Lot of negativity here, isn't there? I get it. BGEE is really, really, really buggy. Some of those bugs are game-breaking. I get that. Some of the new features and changes don't seem to be implemented very well. I get that.

I want the GUI to be tweaked, too. I want the zoom to be fixed, the bugs to be corrected, and all that other jazz.

And I realize that, with only a 13-person team, Beamdog may not be able to address all, or even most, of what needs doing.

But.

But.

BUT.

I'm still really glad BGEE exists. I'm not going to spout some of the nonsense I've seen others belch out--I don't see the game as an "investment" in some potential future game that probably will never exist. No, I'm happy here because in spite of the bugs and the other irksome bits, Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition is actually kind of awesome. The new characters are well written! The new quests are well designed! Do you guys have any idea how rare this is for any RPG, particularly these days!

I'm really glad the new characters and quests were added to BGEE... because they're interesting and fun. Going into BG2EE, I'm really hoping Beamdog adds even more original narrative content because that seems to be their biggest strength.

So, everyone, let's just take a step back for a moment to appreciate BGEE for what it does right, eh?

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I was really pleasantly surprised by the new content itself. It seems to fit in really well with the original game, and was well thought through. Plus the black pits were just awesome.
  • UlvarylUlvaryl Member Posts: 217
    i think it needs to be up
    at least, this game has support now
    and due to it this edition has a chance to become really enchanced with the lapse of time
  • FentonFenton Member Posts: 38
    I agree there needs to be more threads like this. I'm having an ball with my evil party in BG EE.
  • GruloGrulo Member Posts: 109
    I love this game. thank you Beamdog! Can't wait till BG2EE!
  • KrOKrO Member Posts: 21
    Really enjoyed it so far and brought back so many old memories. I have not experienced the problems that some have and I have found the new content decent. Quite deep into game again, all characters lvl6-7 and having a blast.

Truly classic game and I think modern gaming devs should look back at games like Baldur's Gate for some inspiration, as tbh top quality games are far and few between these days, but when BG was made a top quality game was coming out every month or two..

Good job on BG:EE, will purchase BG2:EE if it is ever released!
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
  • TelemakusTelemakus Member Posts: 12
    Fairly certain I showed my appreciation through the 20 dollar purchase of the client. I work for my money, and as a consumer using that money and not immediately asking for it back demonstrates appreciation. I am ultimately not satisfied because of the issues wih mp, so I am not inclined to dickride on the forums. When the improved mp features are released, I may post my appreciation.

Overall, good job beamdog, but you still need to deliver on your promise.

• Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    Now there's a perfect example of an ass if I've ever seen one.
  • KomarrKomarr Member Posts: 80
    To the Overhaul team: Excellent job overall and the vast majority of us are very happy with your efforts to continue to improve the game and sqush bugs. Speaking of bugs, you've even made crude little trolls like
    telemakus happy, since they are only happy when they are whining. I look forward to enjoying all the new content, down the road to BG2EE and hopefully BG3?!?

And you're a dickriding fanboy if I've ever seen one. We're both entitled to our opinions, doesn't change anything.

• Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    LMFAO. Try looking at my post history. I've been very critical of Beamdog. I'm just able to express my opinions like a human being. Go back to /v/, maggot.
  • lelag200lelag200 Member Posts: 125
    I would suggest that Beamdog practice by enhancing Icewind Dale and others before moving on to BG2EE. They did a good job, but expectations are high (why shouldn't they be?)

And you're a dickriding fanboy if I've ever seen one. We're both entitled to our opinions, doesn't change anything.

LMFAO. Try looking at my post history. I've been very critical of Beamdog. I'm just able to express my opinions like a human being. Go back to /v/, maggot.

I expressed my opinion quite clearly with my original post on this thread. You expressed your opinion that I am an asshole, I expressed mine that you are a dickriding fanboy. I'm unclear about the "inhuman" element, what are you referring to? I also have no idea what /v/ is, so this insult has missed its mark.
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    I really haven't found it to be ALL that buggy. Sure, I've found a few, but all-in-all I've really enjoyed playing an old favorite with new eyes. I forgot a lot, and mostly forgot how much I truly love the game. Bugs or not, I'm happy they did it. I'm especially happy with the new characters. I feel like they make the game even more interesting. Good job guys.