Skip to content

Three Multiplayer Bugs

jaldenjalden Member Posts: 44
edited December 2012 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
I've been playing the single player game without any issues. However, I've run into some bugs in the multiplayer game.

These bugs occurred in a 3 way multiplayer game with one windows xp computer and 2 windows 7 computers.

1. If player A opens up their inventory screen and then player B or C initiate dialogue with an NPC the game crashes. This bug happened multiple games.

2. During the Black Pits one of the characters spawned behind the upper left booth and was stuck. This was fixed by booting the player and bringing them in again.

3. Custom Portraits could not be seen by other players. When custom portraits were switched for the default portraits all of the portraits could be seen by everyone.
Edit: Not actually a bug.
Post edited by jalden on

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    For the third one, do all players have a copy of the custom portraits in their portraits or override folder?
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    We played multiplayer game, and after a load game I was spawned out of the Candlekeep castle, and I couldn't go in again. We started the last speech with Gorion, I was not with them in the battle with Sarevok, but after that I was again beside my playmate. Strange.
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    We played multiplayer game, and Gatewarden had other speech as was in singleplayer: he didn't invite us to the training house, and we couldn't get in there neither.
  • jaldenjalden Member Posts: 44
    Jalily said:

For the third one, do all players have a copy of the custom portraits in their portraits or override folder?

No. Would that have fixed it?
  • VamphuntrVamphuntr Member Posts: 7
    jalden said:

Jalily said:

No. Would that have fixed it?
    Well yes, all players need to have the custom portraits in their folders to see them. It was like that for the original BG and BG 2.
  • jaldenjalden Member Posts: 44
    @Vamphuntr

Ah. I didn't know that. Just two bugs then.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    jalden said:

@Vamphuntr

Ah. I didn't know that. Just two bugs then.

Its in the first manual if you want to read up on it. Page 46 (according to the manuals page numbers).

http://www.beamdog.com/files/bgee/BGManual1.pdf
  • NornakNornak Member Posts: 5
    I play with 2 more people and every time we change a zone, the game crash. We only buy it for the multiplayer and we cant play it... I wait for an update beacuse is imposible play like this.
  • GriegGrieg Member Posts: 507
    During our play game never crashed.
    I'm writing this after some play and from memory.

Another Three Bugs (not so important, rather annoying):
    1. When Player A is buying in the shop,
    and player B will look at: character record of character of player A,
    Player A will be kicked out of the shop;
    2. It is so strange but here we go:
    Player B (joined player) click RMB on Ekandor, Player A see black screen for about half a second (!?)
    in the opposite way it didn't happen (when player A click RMB on Ekandor)
    http://4up.im/1hqfpojyjntr in those strange circumstances
    3. Player was disconnected when the first dream ended

Sorry for small amount of details but I can't reproduce it on my own.