Skip to content

Sooo comming in November 2013 ? - or what November are you refering to

November 2012 is gone, past, over, and done... so were is the game ?

Did you mean November 2013 or 2014 ?

Comments

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited December 2012
    See one of the probably 200 threads on any of the other boards for the answer to your sarcastic question.

Also congratulations on your and others complaints getting them to post "coming soon" across the board...that's the last communication update they'll have to do...Thank God they put "coming soon"...cause no one would have guessed that...

Quit asking for exact dates and times to be publicly posted and maintained so that they can continue to miss deadlines and be publicly lambasted.

All these kinds of threads do is encourage and train game companies to be as secretive as possible and avoid any meaningful communication with their customers in leu of posting generic platitudes like "Work is coming along...shouldn't be long now!"

I'd much prefer to see "Our release date is November" with a comment in early December saying "we're having to push the release date due to bugs and problems" than "Coming soon!"
  • KnolandKnoland Member Posts: 206
    The game was completed in November as "promised" however the Mac App Store requires the game to be free of crash bugs before it will allow people to buy/download the client. Had this policy not been in place we would all be playing the game with bugs in it waiting for some typical launch related bugs to be fixed. We would have threads posted about how come these guys sold me a game with bugs?! (see PC forums).

These guys are doing a wonderful job and I am just "thankful" to have a new opportunity to get to enjoy Baldur's Gate once again! I will gladly wait for the Mac App Store to sell it with no crash bugs and a better experience.
  • XzeulonXzeulon Member Posts: 10
    lol i spoke with a friend at MAC - it's going to be a while since this game is still buggy. this sucks
  • FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
    @knoland Apple approved a very old build for the iPad that was even worse, and it snuck on the App Store by accident (they'd checked the box to publish it right away accidentally.) the decision to delay the game to eliminate the bugs is Beamdog's, not Apple's. (And one I approve of.)
  • RecilRecil Member Posts: 46
    Awww, ya' made 'em change the eta to "Coming Soon"...happy?
  • vkbestvkbest Member Posts: 42
    Knoland said:

The game was completed in November as "promised" however the Mac App Store requires the game to be free of crash bugs before it will allow people to buy/download the client.

No, the game wasn't completed because they didn´t send the binary to appstore yet.
  • RygaardRygaard Member Posts: 2
    @Illydth I did search both on google and on this site for news regarding the delay - but tbh i did not find any, even with limited search to the past 7 days..

I would also gladly wait 2 years for the game, but its not like its hard to make an official state ment the only official statement i found was 14 september.

I dont get the tone from you - they want my money, they tell me that I can buy at a given date, its normal if you are selling stuff or are doing projeckt management that you let your customers know about the process, specialy about delay, and not 4 days after they happen.

I hope it will come soon, and that it will be great, like the original was.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited December 2012
    @Rygaard, you're missing the Twitter feed that's being kept up to date pretty continuously about the status.

To be honest they're being a lot more transparent about this than probably they should be. Even Trent notes in his twitter feed that he's probably tweeting status too much since they're getting public black eyes with every time they post "Build Submitted!"..."Oops, Build Denied!"

You're right, there aren't many posts on the forums about it...only because the forums are pretty hot right now and any post they made here may not get seen by the general community without a bit of digging.

They decided their method of communication is Twitter...and that's what they're using.

"... but its not like its hard to make an official state ment the only official statement i found was 14 september."

I'll ask this again because it's not coming through clearly in any of my threads (not directed at you Ry).

What do you want them to post? What official statement do you want them to make?

Is it NOT clear that it's NOT November at this point?

Is it NOT clear that they've missed their deadline?

Is it NOT clear that they're working on getting a build completed and approved by the App Store?

Is it NOT clear that they've already tried and failed at least twice to have this happen?

What do you want in an official statement that is MORE PUBLIC that the information being given to us already? The only POSSIBLE information you could be asking for is WHEN. WHAT is being covered time and time again...the only thing you're missing and could be asking for is WHEN.

They should not, cannot and will not answer WHEN. It's impossible to answer WHEN at this stage in the development/debugging process. WHEN could be 10 minutes from now or 6 weeks from now...you can't tell. The only thing Beamdog development knows is what bugs need fixed and what the current task is to fix those bugs...they can't even post THAT information because that's likely changing almost on a minute by minute basis. And even if Beamdog could give us an exact WHEN from their side they CANNOT give a "WHEN" from Apple's approval side or if something else is going to happen to reject the NEXT build.

WHEN is impossible.

With that in mind, what, exactly, would a public statement look like from Beamdog about this that doesn't either re-provide all the information currently available or provide information not possible to give at this point? Mock one up for me.

--Illydth
  • KnolandKnoland Member Posts: 206
    Illydth said:

@Rygaard, you're missing the Twitter feed that's being kept up to date pretty continuously about the status.

To be honest they're being a lot more transparent about this than probably they should be. Even Trent notes in his twitter feed that he's probably tweeting status too much since they're getting public black eyes with every time they post "Build Submitted!"..."Oops, Build Denied!"

You're right, there aren't many posts on the forums about it...only because the forums are pretty hot right now and any post they made here may not get seen by the general community without a bit of digging.

They decided their method of communication is Twitter...and that's what they're using.

"... but its not like its hard to make an official state ment the only official statement i found was 14 september."

I'll ask this again because it's not coming through clearly in any of my threads (not directed at you Ry).

What do you want them to post? What official statement do you want them to make?

Is it NOT clear that it's NOT November at this point?

Is it NOT clear that they've missed their deadline?

Is it NOT clear that they're working on getting a build completed and approved by the App Store?

Is it NOT clear that they've already tried and failed at least twice to have this happen?

What do you want in an official statement that is MORE PUBLIC that the information being given to us already? The only POSSIBLE information you could be asking for is WHEN. WHAT is being covered time and time again...the only thing you're missing and could be asking for is WHEN.

They should not, cannot and will not answer WHEN. It's impossible to answer WHEN at this stage in the development/debugging process. WHEN could be 10 minutes from now or 6 weeks from now...you can't tell. The only thing Beamdog development knows is what bugs need fixed and what the current task is to fix those bugs...they can't even post THAT information because that's likely changing almost on a minute by minute basis. And even if Beamdog could give us an exact WHEN from their side they CANNOT give a "WHEN" from Apple's approval side or if something else is going to happen to reject the NEXT build.

WHEN is impossible.

With that in mind, what, exactly, would a public statement look like from Beamdog about this that doesn't either re-provide all the information currently available or provide information not possible to give at this point? Mock one up for me.

--Illydth

I don't think they need to write an official post about this... its obvious and its been tweeted this forum community is far more well behaved than many for games like this and we are responsible enough to help re-inform people as to the goings on. And they have a sign up for a e-mail notification?! what more do you want?